PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issues with custom built glib

lgp171188
April 2nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
I built the latest version of glib and installed it with appropriate usage of ldconfig. But after the install, a lot of Nautilus's behaviour has gone awry.

I want to uninstall the built glib and use ubuntu's version. But unfortunately I deleted the source folder where I built it. So I now have the tarball of the source.

When I do a make uninstall on the extracted source, it gets uninstalled but gdm doesn't start till i do a 'make install' again. I want to use the version of glib shipped with ubuntu. How to do it?

LinuxGuy1234
April 2nd, 2009, 08:52 PM
I built the latest version of glib and installed it with appropriate usage of ldconfig. But after the install, a lot of Nautilus's behaviour has gone awry.

I want to uninstall the built glib and use ubuntu's version. But unfortunately I deleted the source folder where I built it. So I now have the tarball of the source.

When I do a make uninstall on the extracted source, it gets uninstalled but gdm doesn't start till i do a 'make install' again. I want to use the version of glib shipped with ubuntu. How to do it?

Do a make install in your glib directory, then do:

sudo apt-get remove libglib2.0
sudo apt-get install libglib2.0