PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time you went for a whole day without using any form of computer?

beercz
April 2nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Ok, bored at work here, so we started chatting in the office, and the above question came up.

So I'd thought I would post it here.

Before you answer I am talking about any form of computer - that is any device that has a computer chip inside it, including TVs, mobile phones, microwave ovens, cars, digital watches, games consoles, computers and so on.

I personally can't remember the last whole day where I didn't use any device that had a micro processor inside. Can you?

Old Marcus
April 2nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
I can. In the summer, I work with an organisation who hire out marquees to events, and these events tend to be some godforsaken field in Somerset. All the work is done by had, except for moving the equipment which require vehicles. Although the vehicles we use are quite old, probably before they started putting chips in them. Mobile phones are used for communication, but I very rarely use one personally.

That's about as close as I get to going without computer (fish and) chips... :P

Eisenwinter
April 2nd, 2009, 10:45 AM
I...don't remember :|

heh, that actually surprises me.

christianxxx
April 2nd, 2009, 10:48 AM
Nope, can't remember. I can remember a time when we visited a cottage up in the mountains. My father had a NMT cellphone installed in the car, so it would be late 80's or early 90's.
Since then, I don't think I have gone through a day without any form of computer chip.
Oh, wait! Sorry. I'm pretty sure I had a digital watch at the time. So it would be early 80's then... VCR? Oh no... Birth?
I'm not sure I've ever experienced a day without computer chips in any form, but I can always hope...

itsStephen
April 2nd, 2009, 10:49 AM
A long, long time ago

I can't remember

rmayer32
April 2nd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Sometime before the Atari 2600? :lolflag:

Agent.Logic_
April 2nd, 2009, 11:35 AM
I... uh... can't remember! It was probably one of those days a few months ago when I was so tired and my mind was numbed by endless coding for my college assignments, and I decided to sleep for two days straight. It seems impossible and unimaginable for a nerd to live without using a computer chip for even an hour, forget one whole day! :lolflag:

TMcMahon51
April 2nd, 2009, 11:37 AM
Last time I've been without any sort of computer was the last time I bought a book.

Trying to think back, but it was probably nearly 3 years ago, so I'm definitely due for some more book shopping soon.