View Full Version : The hell I was bored thread...walkabout

Russell Burrows
April 2nd, 2009, 07:27 AM
The wife kept ranting about things today and I decided its time to look for a new job.

The problem is the new job is hmmmmmm perhaps a description from a movie........lets see now

A long time ago in a place far, far away..............nope,nope ,nope

In a place far, far away there is a new job waiting for me.

The problem is how to get there with no travel money and get to talk to the boss Lady so that I can apply for the job.

I tried sending a letter but it got sent back to me so my only option is hand delivery of the two page document.

My question to you folks is if you spot a dude with a sign walking to a destination a thousand miles away do you slow to toss a few coins or a gatorade as donations.

Does this sound like maybe I will get some donations from folks on the highway........ !!walking 998 miles to a job interview.........can you spare a quarter!!

And yes I am tempted to do it but am wondering what most folks reactions are going to be when I tell them yep 998 miles to a job interview and brother or sister can you spare a quarter.

Do you think folks will get mad at me trying to get a new job or will they be ok with my long journey and my asking for quarters and gatorades as donations from folks that I meet on the journey.

Hey just asking folks.

Oh and Ubuntu 8.10 with Virtualbox, compiz and dual virtual machines of XP, Vista and Windows 7 is the best.

April 2nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
Well. hang on to your job, I've just lost mine :-(