PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] dell xps140m media keys in windowmaker

loserbar
April 1st, 2009, 09:39 PM
hi everyone. im trying to get my media keys to work. now, ive noticed that when i run nautilus without any flags in terminal my desktop icons appear and it has the general gnome feel... like it should but anyways my media keys also work. so what im asking of anyone here who can help is if they know what nautilus is referring to, to work with my media keys.
i used to use hotkeys for this but for some reason its stopped working. i even tried changing the .def file from /usr/share/hotkeys (i used the inspiron8100 file but im sure any of them would work fine since its edited...perhaps this was the wrong location to edit from?) im running intrepid with a stock x configuration. if editing this directly is necessary how could i preserve the changes when i upgrade xorg? any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: ive also noticed that after closing nautilus the hotkeys function it uses is still there. htop shows nothing special though i noticed that some gnome services are still running. could this be d-bus related?