PDA

View Full Version : Men Using Cosmetics?

adamlau
April 1st, 2009, 10:53 AM
How many of you guys use products? I live with my wife with my sis as a roomie and they have gotten me into skincare. I never applied eye cream, nor moisturizer to my face until about three weeks ago. I was always a single bar of soap for the hair (I typically have it shaved down to #2) and body, this is all new to me. I have already spent hundreds on various products from Kiehl's (didn't like any of the stuff, ended up giving it all away), philosophy (not a fan of the parabens, but otherwise seems effective), Kinerase (somewhat pricey) and Skin Laboratory peel solutions. So I inquire within a group of friends only to discover that more than a few also use products (surprise, surprise)! Who knew that so many buddies of mine were closet product users? The thing is that I do not have bad skin and I have yet to fully overcome the shameful, guilty feeling of using skincare products. Besides, it is taking away dollars I could be spending on new hardware. Any of you guys know what I am talking about? Am I alone in this...?

Note: One neat find was eye gel (thanks to my sis), really helps cool and soothe the eyes after hours and hours in front of the monitor...

tribaal
April 1st, 2009, 11:05 AM
I have to say, the discussion you started is in sharp contrast with your avatar ;)

- Trib'

gn2
April 1st, 2009, 11:18 AM
Cosmetics and skincare products are aimed at two groups of consumers, women and gay men, ask Eric, he'll tell you.

billgoldberg
April 1st, 2009, 11:19 AM
I use skin moisturizer every day.

As long as you don't start using eyeliner or something like that, it's all good.

adamlau
April 1st, 2009, 11:19 AM
Indeed, I watched the "South Park Is Gay!" again right now. Seems as if Cartman prefer Origins in that episode...

RichardLinx
April 1st, 2009, 11:44 AM
I think you should stop indulging in this new.. I don't even know what to call it.

And no, I don't use skin care products of any sort. Apart from soap of course. :D

nothingspecial
April 1st, 2009, 12:09 PM
I use skin moisturizer every day.

As long as you don't start using eyeliner or something like that, it's all good.

I used to use eyliner, pink hair dye and all sorts back in my youth, too old now.

I`d never use moisturiser though!

mips
April 1st, 2009, 12:26 PM
Use nivea shaving gel. Will occasionally use nivea facial scrub & nivea Q10 cream if I spent to much time in the sun. Obviously shampoo for the hair.

Peasantoid
April 1st, 2009, 08:44 PM
Real men moisturize regularly! :P

t0p
April 1st, 2009, 08:51 PM
I use toothpaste weekly, whether they need it or not. Does this qualify me for this metrosexual love fest?

mips
April 1st, 2009, 08:53 PM
I use toothpaste weekly, whether they need it or not. Does this qualify me for this metrosexual love fest?

Nah, you just qualify as someone with bad breath.

Muffinabus
April 1st, 2009, 08:54 PM
Shampoo and conditioner... I got yelled at a few months back when I was a hair model for not using conditioner so I've been doin that since.

Therion
April 1st, 2009, 08:57 PM
All I know about this topic is that this stuff, Nivea after shave balm, is GODLY good.

Not exactly a cosmetic, but I'm doing the best I can here...

tjwoosta
April 1st, 2009, 09:37 PM
http://omploader.org/tMWd2cw (http://omploader.org/vMWd2cw)

need i say more?

myusername
April 1st, 2009, 09:40 PM
i use moisturizer. it feels funny when i have dry skin on my face

lswartz
April 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM
That just hurts my eye.

lisati
April 1st, 2009, 09:47 PM
Perhaps I'm an old fart or something but something about the idea of men using cosmetics doesn't sound right.... no disrespect intended to the older members of this community or those who choose to use the products.

EDIT: Atterthought, some time after original post: there's nothing wrong with taking care of yourself.

haemulon
April 1st, 2009, 10:01 PM
I've taken to using some moisturizing lotion ( it even says it's for guys on the package) on the face, especially during the winter months.

Having the face feeling all dry and stiff just isn't comfortable.

Oh and I use lip balm also (chapped cracked lips is a sick look).

and hand lotion (red raw hands makes people look at you weird).

I guess those are cosmetics, but winters are rough out here.

billgoldberg
April 1st, 2009, 10:07 PM
( it even says it's for guys on the package)

That goes without saying.

LowSky
April 1st, 2009, 10:27 PM
I've taken to using some moisturizing lotion ( it even says it's for guys on the package) on the face, especially during the winter months.

Having the face feeling all dry and stiff just isn't comfortable.

Oh and I use lip balm also (chapped cracked lips is a sick look).

and hand lotion (red raw hands makes people look at you weird).

I guess those are cosmetics, but winters are rough out here.

These are all perfectly good resons to uses lotions and balms.
But using them too often leaves your skin too dependant on the products. Think of what Opiates do to your Brain's natural endorphines.

If your skin is fine, then you are just wasting money, normal soap and water does plenty a good job on cleaning your face.