PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that...

vegetarianshrimp
April 1st, 2009, 04:50 AM
...the "Other OS talk" category is closed (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=147), but in the other support categories, you can choose "Other_OS" as a prefix?

Polygon
April 1st, 2009, 04:56 AM
because they mean other linux os besides ubuntu/kubuntu/xubuntu i would imagine

vegetarianshrimp
April 1st, 2009, 05:42 AM
because they mean other linux os besides ubuntu/kubuntu/xubuntu i would imagine
But if you go to the link in my post, it says Ubuntu Forums is now only meant for Ubuntu

DeadSuperHero
April 1st, 2009, 05:45 AM
It still bums me out, I really liked OtherOS talk for discussions about GNU/HURD, the Amiga, BeOS, and so on.

namegame
April 1st, 2009, 05:46 AM
But if you go to the link in my post, it says Ubuntu Forums is now only meant for Ubuntu

I don't see that anywhere in that link.

Other OS was closed to ease the strain on the database, not to make us other OS users go away...

vegetarianshrimp
April 1st, 2009, 05:51 AM
But if they want to ease the strain of the database, then they wouldn't have that option at all!

Skripka
April 1st, 2009, 05:54 AM
It still bums me out, I really liked OtherOS talk for discussions about GNU/HURD, the Amiga, BeOS, and so on.

Come on o'er if you want to nOOST.

Skripka
April 1st, 2009, 05:55 AM
But if they want to ease the strain of the database, then they wouldn't have that option at all!

No the problem isn't the tags-the problem is searching the database of threads in OOST.

Having one extra metadata tag does not increase load. Having an active forum with people posting and (more importantly)searching it-does.

vegetarianshrimp
April 1st, 2009, 05:56 AM
No the problem isn't the tags-the problem is searching the database of threads in OOST.

Having one extra metadata tag does not increase load. Having an active forum with people posting and (more importantly)searching it-does.
OK, I give up, you win ;)