PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing in windows

idproc
April 1st, 2009, 03:01 AM
I am trying to install ubuntu in my windows vista. I had done it once before, and it work fine. I erased it a few months ago. Now, I would like to reinstall it. I tried to do so and the program said it was installed fine, it asked me to reboot my computer, when I did so, it did not give me the option to start ubuntu or windows. It started windows automatically. Has anyone had this problem, or know how to fix it. Thanks for your help.

Partyboi2
April 1st, 2009, 03:31 AM
What is the contents of the c:\boot.ini file?

idproc
April 1st, 2009, 03:37 AM
Every time it did not work I uninstalled it. I will try to reinstall it again, but what is that file suppose to say?

idproc
April 1st, 2009, 04:52 AM
I just reinstalled it but did not find a C:\boot.ini file at all. Thanks for your help or any one elses.

Partyboi2
April 1st, 2009, 05:49 AM
Go to control panel > system > advanced > Startup and Recovery and press "edit" this will show the contents of the boot.ini file

idproc
April 1st, 2009, 11:46 PM
What should be in this folder?

idproc
April 2nd, 2009, 02:00 AM
Go to control panel > system > advanced > Startup and Recovery and press "edit" this will show the contents of the boot.ini file
I did this and the in the tab that read "default operating systems" the only OS is vista

Partyboi2
April 2nd, 2009, 03:10 AM
Download EasyBCD (http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1) and try adding ubuntu to the boot loader. Unfortunately I don't run Vista so I don't think I will be much help on a step by step process to add ubuntu using EasyBCD.

idproc
April 23rd, 2009, 02:34 AM
I still need help with this. I seem to be stuck, every time I download this inside windows, it just takes my hard drive space and shows up as a program in the add/remove programs, but it will not give me a choice to start up. I had once did it and it worked, then I deleted. I decided to try it again and now it won't give me the option at start up. If you know what to do I could really use your help! Thanks.