PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ATi catalyst 9.3 problems

PrimitiveSix
March 31st, 2009, 10:27 PM
Hi. i recently install ati catalyst 9.3 to my ubuntu...but i have a little problems. for example i can see video with the compiz enabled(with vlc) , but when i press the full screen button i cant see nothing. just a black screen. in addition i read somewhere that i can use finaly the google earth with the compiz enabled...the first time i could see the earth but from the second and after i cant see the earth at all. i see the stars only. :S whats going wrong ?

kingofpain
April 2nd, 2009, 04:57 PM
I also have problems with ATi catalyst 9.3. My PC even crashed twice when activating fullscreen in GMplayer. I mean, really crashed... it was unresponsive at any command... I had to reset.:-s
I guess this catalyst has some big bugs.:icon_frown:

bford16
April 4th, 2009, 02:58 AM
I also have a problem with the new Catalyst driver. When I switch to a TTY, I get vertical colored bars. The color bars also appear when I shut down or restart.

HP DV8110US 784 MB RAM
Radeon Xpress 200M

iheartubuntu
April 4th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Maybe there are some ATI probs all around. I upgraded to Jaunty and my ATI card technically "works"... i get wobbly windows, etc. but some games dont work (super tux kart, regnum online) and ATI catalyst doesnt work anymore. I tried to reinstall the ATI drivers with EnvyNG but Ive read Ubuntu isnt supporting Envy anymore and I guess it wont work with 9.04. Ugggh.