PDA

View Full Version : Post your need for madness cars!

dragos240
March 31st, 2009, 10:03 AM
For those of you that don't know this fantastic game, you can download it at arcadetown, problem is you will need wine and firefox running in wine to download it, it is an exe, but it extracts a java game, i am going to post a tarball containing the game, no wine is required here:
dragos240.000hosted.com/nfm.tar.gz (http://www.dragos240.000hosted.com/nfm.tar.gz)

so you can customize a lot of things, post your different custom cars here!

dragos240
April 1st, 2009, 12:41 AM
Bump!

Just an alert, I have discovered upon clicking the link, it will redirect you to a 404 page. Please copy the link and paste it in the address bar, I do not understand why, but this is this is the case.

EDIT: My car:
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/1107/carani.gif

spcwingo
April 1st, 2009, 03:03 AM
I can't get it to work. I've tried:

java -jar ./nfm/mad.jar

If this isn't correct, please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I forgot to add the error I get when I type that command. Here it is:

Invalid or corrupt jarfile mad.jar

dragos240
April 1st, 2009, 11:17 PM
I should tell you that need for madness has to be run via internet browser, use the nfm.html instead.

dragos240
April 2nd, 2009, 11:59 PM
Bump :D

spcwingo
April 3rd, 2009, 01:46 AM
I still can't get 'er to work. It just freezes when I press up to accelerate. Any suggestions on how to force it into submission?

MaxIBoy
April 3rd, 2009, 01:59 AM
You can customize the cars now? Last time I played that, it was at least four years ago, and it didn't have that feature. If I remember correctly, that game has absolutely fantastic music.

dragos240
April 3rd, 2009, 11:07 PM
You can customize the cars now? Last time I played that, it was at least four years ago, and it didn't have that feature. If I remember correctly, that game has absolutely fantastic music.

The downloadable version has text files that you can edit. It's not a feature of the game, it's more like hacking.

dragos240
April 3rd, 2009, 11:08 PM
I still can't get 'er to work. It just freezes when I press up to accelerate. Any suggestions on how to force it into submission?

Okay, can you use other java applets? And is your jre at it's latest version? If it isn't try to upgrade.

MaxIBoy
April 3rd, 2009, 11:51 PM
The downloadable version has text files that you can edit. It's not a feature of the game, it's more like hacking.
Oh, nice! And I bet you can make maps too!

dragos240
April 4th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Oh, nice! And I bet you can make maps too!

You can, you can edit the tracks, cars, sprites, and even reverse engineer some models! Just google need for madness hacks and you'll get quite a few youtube videos.

dragos240
August 29th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Bump.

23Andrew
May 26th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Sorry for the reviving a 2 year old. But that link's broke, so I've tried downloading it from elsewhere, but I can't get it to run? How would I go about doing it? Thanks in advance.

Elfy
May 26th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Closing old thread.