PDA

View Full Version : My post's

Excedio
March 30th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Is it me or are not all of my posts being counted lately? I know i've made a good 10 in the last hour or so, but it's only moved up by one....

Anyone else noticing this?

s.fox
March 30th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Posts in cafe or games don't count. Support areas only.

simtaalo
March 30th, 2009, 11:50 PM
stuff in the community cafe doesn't count towards post count

Sef
March 30th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Only support forums will add a post number. Forums like community cafe are not support forums, so no additions to post numbers will be made.

dragos240
March 31st, 2009, 12:15 AM
I am with the above posters, although that doesn't explain the recent posts i've made that don't appear when i search for the threads i've created.

EDIT: Your post title can be translated into "My post is" better remove that apostrophe!

Excedio
March 31st, 2009, 12:38 AM
Only support forums will add a post number. Forums like community cafe are not support forums, so no additions to post numbers will be made.

Dually noted :)

EDIT: Your post title can be translated into "My post is" better remove that apostrophe!

Sorry...American Sign Language is my first language so sometimes my english grammar gets skewed a bit. :)

dragos240
March 31st, 2009, 12:42 AM
Does that mean your deaf? (I do not mean this offensively)

lisati
March 31st, 2009, 12:45 AM
Dually noted :)

Sorry...American Sign Language is my first language so sometimes my english grammar gets skewed a bit. :)

Don't sweat it: it's easy to get tripped up with similar words and phrases.

(Friendly aside: I think it's "duly noted")

simtaalo
March 31st, 2009, 12:45 AM
Dually noted

duly*

[/pedanticMode]

Excedio
March 31st, 2009, 12:49 AM
Does that mean your deaf? (I do not mean this offensively)

Yep, 4th generation :)

I take no offense at all. I'm very proud of being deaf. :)

s.fox
March 31st, 2009, 12:51 AM
I was thinking about learning ASL. It would go nicely with my British Sign Language, or is their not a vast difference?

Excedio
March 31st, 2009, 12:54 AM
I was thinking about learning ASL. It would go nicely with my British Sign Language, or is their not a vast difference?

There is actually quite a difference. I can't understand BSL for the life of me.

However...LSQ (French Sign Language) is quite similar. ASL stems from a combo of LSQ and the indigenous sign language from the north east United States.

s.fox
March 31st, 2009, 12:58 AM
There is actually quite a difference. I can't understand BSL for the life of me.

However...LSQ (French Sign Language) is quite similar. ASL stems from a combo of LSQ and the indigenous sign language from the north east United States.

Wow. I would have thought ASL would be pretty similar to BSL. Guess not :).
I think I am definitely going to have a go at it then. I will probably get all mixed up :lolflag:

lisati
March 31st, 2009, 01:01 AM

You are who you are, make the most of your gifts!

Excedio
March 31st, 2009, 01:11 AM
You are who you are, make the most of your gifts!

That's exactly how I try to live my life, and how my wife (also deaf) teaches her students. :)

Excedio
March 31st, 2009, 01:11 AM
Wow. I would have thought ASL would be pretty similar to BSL. Guess not :).
I think I am definitely going to have a go at it then. I will probably get all mixed up :lolflag:

www.aslpro.com

Good site for learning some ASL signs. :)

s.fox
March 31st, 2009, 08:42 AM
www.aslpro.com (http://www.aslpro.com)

Good site for learning some ASL signs. :)

Wow. Thanks. The site looks pretty good. I see what you mean by the differences.
I shall persevere. :)

megamania
March 31st, 2009, 09:04 AM

Can I ask you why you should be *proud* of being deaf? I never thought it could be something to be proud or not-proud of. It's just what you are.

I'm not trying to start a flame - I'd just like to understand. :-)

s.fox
March 31st, 2009, 09:55 AM
Maybe because their is no reason not to be proud?

megamania
March 31st, 2009, 10:05 AM
Maybe because their is no reason not to be proud?
Interesting logic.

So you're proud of eating an ice-cream? of breathing? of wearing a t-shirt? of turning on your computer? Of grocery shopping?
Because for all those things there's no reason NOT to be proud, so we can be proud.

Ash, the real world is not an exclusive OR.

I was just interested in knowing the point of view of a deaf. I won't go into a flame.