PDA

View Full Version : KDevelop on ubuntu /bin/sh: konsole: not found , OpenGL same as Windows ? , other

ashour
March 30th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hi
i've installed KDevelop on my ubuntu 8.10 Interiped

but whenever i try to execute an application the following errors occur:

konsole --workdir '/home/ashour/helloword2/debug/./src' -e /bin/sh -c '/home/ashour/helloword2/debug/./src/helloword2 ; echo "Press Enter to continue!";read dummy'
/bin/sh: konsole: not found
*** Exited with status: 127 ***

i think the problem that am using gnome so can this be fixed
another question am newely mergin from windows and am a game developer in main i'd like to know if i can just use OpenGL as i use it in windows isn't it a lib that should be generic and have same function everywhere also whats
equivalent to MFC or Windows forms in .net is it GTK does when i create an application for gnome it works over KDE?

Coimbra
May 1st, 2009, 07:59 PM
I've the same problem (first one).

Any help?

keep-on-smiling
May 1st, 2009, 08:04 PM
Hi

I just installed konsole - kdevelop is a KDE app, so it is looking for the KDE version of terminal...

cheers

skullmunky
May 1st, 2009, 11:57 PM
and to your 2nd question, yes, opengl is a cross-platform open standard, so it should work the same. there will be some minor differences in how you set up your projects and the supporting code: locations of headers, linker flags, supporting code like file and image loaders, etc. but OpenGL itself is the same.