PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to welcome myself to the community

travis2244
March 30th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Hi everyone, just felt like introducing myself to the public. As you can tell im new to the ubuntu community... lol... anyway I was looking around the forum home and couldn't find anywhere else that looked suitable for a welcome thread so I figured hell why not here..apologies if I did post into the wrong forum but anyway back to my topic.. my names Travis Lee, im 17 years old, im currently enlisted in the army reserves WOO go army lol..ill be off for basic in june after my junior year and afterwards plan on going full active duty... i hate school (who doesnt) and need to get caught up on alot of stuff there..ive been into computers since the age of about 8-9 and decided to switch over from windows because i dont like the fact that you are controlled on what you can or cant do in something that you bought.. im trying to learn c then move onto some more advanced stuffs..i like to lift weight in my free time and hang out with friends, i used to do boxing and some junior mma (i like to fight) but since i tore my rotator cuff i was forced to retire early lol.. so far ive have virtually no problems with linux and i find it to be quite better than windows all together, you probably wont hear from me much basically because 1. i like to solve problems on my own, 2.i like to read ive already read Begining Ubuntu Linux 3rd Edition which i believe to be a very great book for newcomers, and 3. google is my friend lol, when something happens that i just cant figure out i will look for some more info on google instead of just coming to a forum and begging for help.

well thats my self intro hope it wasnt too boring if anyone wants to feel free to add me on my myspace. myspace.com/travis2244(you know the last name lol)

|Porsche
March 30th, 2009, 06:28 AM
What is your MOS?

travis2244
March 30th, 2009, 06:31 AM
21r

wolfen69
March 30th, 2009, 06:54 AM
welcome to ubuntu/linux. have fun.

|Porsche
March 30th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Cool. None of the 25 series MOS's interested you? Oh heheh and welcome to the community.

travis2244
March 30th, 2009, 06:59 AM
thank you for the welcome. and nah i like the idea of becoming an electriciank, electrical stuff is for me plus if someone makes me mad i can always do some faulty electrical work in their home lol jk

|Porsche
March 30th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Thats cool. Remember not to volunteer for anything at Reception. Good Luck!

travis2244
March 30th, 2009, 07:19 AM
thanks lol and i got a heads up from my brother lol quote " after you get outta the gas chamber dont volunteer to help sweep up the bunks unless you want to clean up the puke in the gas chamber" lol