PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden!!!

pol666
March 30th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Do you like Iron maiden? Do you have seen them at live yet?

I think that they are the most important metal band,

I have seen the Iron Maiden live show yesterday at Velez Stadium in Argentina.

Thank you Maiden for that show, thank you :D

:guitar:

Greg
March 30th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Eddie the head was born with no body, no arms, and no legs. All he had was a head. But despite this major birth defect, his parents still loved him very much...

:)

Chilli Bob
March 30th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Ahhh.....post-Maiden exuberance. What did they play?? Old stuff, new stuff????

What amazes me is the age range they get at the live shows. I expected everyone to be in their late thirties like me or older, but more than half were in their teens. It's a mark of a great band that they can put out new material to get new fans more than 30 years after they formed.

SuperSonic4
March 30th, 2009, 05:09 AM
If it was the Somewhere back in Time tour then it would be the 80s stuff. Iron Maiden is the best band around at the moment IMO

I've been lucky enough to see the twice - once on the A Matter of Life and Death tour and once on the Somewhere back in time tour.

Aces High live was better than sex! Rime of the Ancient Mariner live was also bloody fantastic

simtaalo
March 30th, 2009, 05:35 AM
It's a mark of a great band that they can put out new material to get new fans more than 30 years after they formed.

speaking as someone who likes maiden but is younger than most fans (26) i doubt any of their teen fans have been captured by the new stuff. its classics like hallowed be thy name and (my personal fave) run to the hills which still get regular play at rock/metal clubs all over the world that probably will have got the new fans in.

pol666
March 30th, 2009, 06:36 AM
I watched Iron Maiden in 2008 and 2009. Bruce said that they will come back in 2011 :D

koshatnik
March 30th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Do you like Iron maiden? Do you have seen them at live yet?

I think that they are the most important metal band,

I have seen the Iron Maiden live show yesterday at Velez Stadium in Argentina.

Thank you Maiden for that show, thank you :D

:guitar:

Seen them seven times. Last time was in 1990. Good fun, pantomime rock band, great live show.

Met Bruce once, was a top chap.

speedwell68
March 30th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I have been into Maiden since the mid '80s. I have seen them live 5 times, the first time was a the 1992 Monsters of Rock festival at Castle Donnington. I didn't follow them when Blaze Bayley was singer, he was a nice bloke I met him when he was in Wolfsbane, but I didn't like him with Maiden. He split up Wolfsbane, a great band, when he joined Maiden. TBH I think Maiden's earlier stuff was better than the later stuff, anything pre '92.

pwnst*r
March 30th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Maiden will always be king. it's amazing and quite flattering to hear kids today digging Maiden as much as i did back in the 80's. saw them 3 times myself, the best being the Powerslave tour.

UP THE IRONS!!!

.Maleficus.
March 30th, 2009, 11:58 AM
speaking as someone who likes maiden but is younger than most fans (26) i doubt any of their teen fans have been captured by the new stuff. its classics like hallowed be thy name and (my personal fave) run to the hills which still get regular play at rock/metal clubs all over the world that probably will have got the new fans in.
Hehe, I'm 17.

My guitar teacher is a huge Maiden fan too, and he's 35. In fact, his next project for me to learn is the solo to "The Prisoner". I do like the older stuff a lot, but I haven't listened to a lot of the newer stuff. Actually, I started listening to them in 6th grade (when I was probably 12) and they really influenced my current music taste. I have yet to see them live though.

simtaalo
March 30th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Hehe, I'm 17. I do like the older stuff a lot, but I haven't listened to a lot of the newer stuff

i'd say thats quite typical of maiden fans your age. i'm not much older and have never checked out their new stuff, don't see the point. although thats partly cos i was never hugely into them, although run to the hills is classic, and amazing especially for the time and climate of the british rock/metal scene.

even a band like RATM that i was hugely into i was nonplussed at the news of their reformation.

pol666
March 30th, 2009, 06:43 PM
All maiden stuff is good, except The X-Factor or virtual XI. I like very much Dance of death or A Matter of life and death but I like the oldies albums too.

medic2000
March 30th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I too am a fan of the great Iron Maiden. Count me in! There is not much group around like Iron Madien.

RaZe42
March 30th, 2009, 07:21 PM
God, no! I think it's a horrible instrument of torture ;)

shaddack
March 30th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Yey! Iron Maiden is one of my favourit bands as well! I've been listening to them since the end of the '80s and I've seen them live a number of time. Last time last year here in Gothenburg. It was a good concert!

craigeo
March 30th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Iron Maiden was the first concert I went to when I was 16 (23 years ago).
9th row main floor tickets in St. Paul, MN.
Awesome show!