PDA

View Full Version : yet another test

jerrrys
March 29th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Well, first off let me say that im posting here just to see whats happens. Been having problems,
mostly with copy and paste. One of two things have been happening:

#1 what I copy and what I paste usually end up being two different things, not just misprints,
but totally different. Example, im in openoffice right now. If I copy and paste this to an email
or to a forum it will either show a perfect copy or something totally different ( like maybe a
file, a pic, or something off the internet)...

#2 if I copy and paste a perfect copy to the internet, it will show up as something totally different.
Something that just seems to be picked at random...

hard disk diagnostics show nothing wrong with hard drive...so im going under the assumption
that ubuntu has been corrupted, so I have reinstalled 8.04/gnome on a spare hard drive and will
copy and paste this and see what happens.

Also I might add that the original copy of ubuntu will not let me sign into ubuntu...password
not recognize...well enough ranting...time to put it to the test...oh yes, one last thing, I receive
no error messages at all...here goes...

jerrrys
March 29th, 2009, 09:00 AM
well progress has bee made...my post has showed up whitout and change, but its nots
showing up under new post...

ugm6hr
March 29th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Do you use a clipboard manager?

Remember, the default Gnome / Ubuntu has no clipboard manager, so if you copy from one application, and then close that application, the copied item in clipboard is then removed. When you then paste elsewhere, you will get unusual results (sometimes previously copied data).

If you want to change this behaviour, install a clipboard manager. If you already have one, it may have a bug. I have used parcellite, which is a text only clipboard.

jerrrys
March 29th, 2009, 09:07 AM
well i guess im making progress, however this is my second try to post a reply to
my post, first one did not show up...here goes...

jerrrys
March 29th, 2009, 09:09 AM
ok, great, now i seem to be double posting...my mistake, thanks for the reply ugm6hr, mistook your post for mine at a glance...will try clipboard, but has be working ok until now.
2am here, maybe need to sleep on it and give it a fresh
start in the morning.. thanks again...