PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] kb2kskype and a wicked headache

pottedmeat123
March 29th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Hey guys, long time/first time....

I'm trying to compile kb2ksype for use with a telbox/skype/handset/etc. The instructions on the website make it all sound so easy, but I've been at this for about 4 hours and I'm nowhere near done.

Anyway.

After grabbing a dozen developer packages, I'm still not able to get through the entire ./configure command. Now it's spitting back at me "checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!"

I'm currently using 64 bit Ibex with gnome. Does this mean I'm SOL unless I install KDE?

I'm still pretty new at this, so pardon my ignorance in advance for needing very simple, specific directions.

altariel
March 29th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I just finished uploading the newly built binary packages, grab one suiting your OS and try installing it (and the necessary usbb2k-api-mod) - and please report back any problems!

I did try to compile the version on an amd64 computer, albeit the 8.0.4.2 version, not the ibex one ... since ibex switched to KDE 4 as default ...

TheKorn2
April 27th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I just finished uploading the newly built binary packages, grab one suiting your OS and try installing it (and the necessary usbb2k-api-mod) - and please report back any problems!

I did try to compile the version on an amd64 computer, albeit the 8.0.4.2 version, not the ibex one ... since ibex switched to KDE 4 as default ...

OK... where did you upload these? (And how do we get them?)

Nevermind, found 'em... (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=186708)