PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu does not boot

Motoko9
March 28th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I just downloaded Ubuntu and burned it to a CD-R 700 MB data disc. So, the disc burned successfully. I inserted the Disc into my Mac's CD drive, but nothing happens. FInder only opens and there are just a bunch of folders and my system is exactly the same. There is no Ubuntu. I really have no idea what is wrong! Did I make a mistake or what? :(:confused:
Thanks.

Delta28
March 28th, 2009, 11:45 PM
It probably doesn't work because you already have Ubuntu on there so there is no need to run the program again...

Motoko9
March 28th, 2009, 11:47 PM
But the only thing I run on my Mac is OS X Leopard. Is Ubuntu supposed to boot when I insert the disc or something? I've tried to click on all the folders, but nothing happens. I have all the files it needs to run, but the OS will not boot. What does that mean, and what could be the issue?
Thanks.

Delta28
March 28th, 2009, 11:58 PM
You running on Ubuntu or Windows at the moment? If your on Ubuntu the CD for Ubuntu won't boot because the program is already there so the is no need for it to boot again giving you 2 Ubuntus on your cpu

Motoko9
March 29th, 2009, 12:04 AM
I'm using a Mac. And I"m trying to run Ubuntu on it from a disc. And nothing is happening. I'm running Mac OS X Leopard. Thanks.

Delta28
March 29th, 2009, 12:25 AM
It should work make sure your opening it right...if you are then check the CD in a Laptop or another Tower if you have another....if not then I don't know how to check it if you do try it...if it still doesn't work in another computer try running the original and if that works then your copy is just messed up...so use the original or try making another copy ;)

Motoko9
March 29th, 2009, 01:23 AM
What do you mean by "opening it right?" How do you open the OS right?
Thanks