PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] KDenLive installation

FoxTheCave
March 28th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Alright i'm gonna sound like a total moron here, but I desperately need help. I've tried installing Kdenlive on my Ubuntu laptop (Hardy 8.04) and i've completely confused. I have no idea what to do, and all the guides on the internet are unbelievably complicated, going into jargon I have no chance of getting.

Please, all I want is a good video editor for my Linux machine, and this seems like the only decent one available (tried Cinelerra, it sucks).

I followed the advice of this thread here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=322916

And copied and pasted the bit at the start into my Terminal about installing the .deb files. I really don't know what a .deb file is, it said it was all installed fine and everything but I can neither find Kdenlive on my computer nor can I find on the Synaptic Add/Remove Applications thing. I really need help.

Can someone PLEASE, PLEASE give me a simple, step-by-step, hopefully copy-and-pastable-into-Terminal guide on what to do to install Kdenlive on my UBUNTU GNOME Hardy 8.04 machine. I will be forever grateful. This is driving me insane!

niceguy123
March 28th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I've got no sound in kdenlive. Any ideas?

FoxTheCave
March 29th, 2009, 03:57 AM
...well I obviously got nothin on that one...

FoxTheCave
March 30th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Bump

FoxTheCave
March 30th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Double Bump?

FoxTheCave
March 31st, 2009, 03:28 PM
Please?

wkulecz
March 31st, 2009, 04:51 PM
Sorry, but at the current state of the art, if you need Video Editing without a lot of extra headaches, you need to keep a dual boot into Windows or add a Mac to your arsenal.

If you've near infinite time to learn a new application, Google for tutorials about: Blender Video Sequence Editor. Blender installs nicely via Synaptic, although its not the latest stable version.

Maybe someday Linux will have something as good and usable as Sony Movie Studio (good value at ~$80) you can install with Synaptic, but we aren't very close right now.

--wally.