PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Seeing Fuzzy Images in Facebook Too?

SuperMike
March 28th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Anyone else seeing fuzzy images in Facebook, even for the ads? It's like Facebook is detecting I'm on Linux or something and denigrating the site design or something. I'm thinking it has to do with pixel width on the image, not the image itself.

mcduck
March 28th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Are you sure you haven't just accidentally zoomed in with Firefox? Because that sounds exactly what you'd get if you'd do that.

Press Ctrl-0 to reset the zoom. Or select View/Zoom/Reset from the menu. (Ctrl-+ zooms in and Ctrl-- zooms out).

You can also configure Firefox to only zoom text, not graphics (which I think is the way to go as long as web pages you are using are coded properly and don't break if the text size changes..). To do that enable View/Zoom/Zoom Text Only in the menu.

HyperHacker
March 28th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Maybe you're just having connection issues and the images aren't loading fully. JPEG images are often stored in a progressive format (I think that's the right term) so that if the image loads slowly, instead of seeing one line appear at a time, you see a very fuzzy image appear and gradually get clearer as the more detailed bits arrive.

SuperMike
March 28th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Press Ctrl-0 to reset the zoom.

Thank you thank you thank you! So much! It worked. Man that was driving me nuts. And it was interesting in how it held that setting even after opening and closing the browser.