PDA

View Full Version : What a waste of money and I hate Microsoft licencing

ade234uk
March 28th, 2009, 10:47 AM
About 6 months ago I bought an Acer Aspire L100 second hand. It came with Vista home premium and was so slow I made the decision to wipe and put XP on it. I tried XP and could not find any suitable drivers to get the Graphics card working. I was then stuck, as I needed this machine for work.

I went and purchased Vista Home Basic for 65 GBP. Worked fine for 2 weeks but then my machine started running like crap.
Could not even extract files from a small .zip without it affecting the machines performance.

After all the tweaks, tips I could find, I gave up and decided to give Windows XP another another try on my work machine. This time XP worked, so now I have a Vista disk I would like to sell.

Looking around apparently this is only allowed to be installed on one machine only. Even though I have paid for the License seems like I am stuck with a copy of Vista I am not allowed to sell or cannot activate on a different machine.

I have never heard anything so pathetic in my whole life. So M$ take 65 GBP for a failed product that does not work properly, they will not allow me to use on another machine or sell on. I think its disgusting, and on this occasion M$ stinks. However will M$ give me my money back for a failed OS?

In the 6 - 7 months I have using Ubuntu on my home machine, free of charge, I have had no performance issues, no viruses, no spyware and freedom to use the computer how I like. This is why Ubuntu and Linux is slowly winning market share. I really feel like writing a letter to M$ and letting them know how angry I am about this.

sekinto
March 28th, 2009, 10:58 AM
post = post.replace( 'M$', 'Microsoft' )

Come on, using the name M$ just makes you look immature.

sanemanmad
March 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Hmm.. your right, better use WinBLOWS instead :P

avaj
March 28th, 2009, 11:03 AM
post = post.replace( 'M$', 'Microsoft' )

Come on, using the name M$ just makes you look immature.

Yep but it's prerfectly in line with the thread's title.

b@sh_n3rd
March 28th, 2009, 11:14 AM
i agree with u...im sick 'o XP myself...it's always causing trouble and the conficker virus is a total headache... i feel like wiping out all the comps and installing ubuntu...:(

k2t0f12d
March 28th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Enough with the word police. If people want to misspell Micro$oft in their own posts, ffs _let them_.

billgoldberg
March 28th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I don't get why you would buy Vista if another version already didn't work properly.

abhilashm86
March 28th, 2009, 11:55 AM
all micro$oft O.S= same old crap registry+added GUI(copied from other os) :)
i wont take it even if some1 willing to give it 4r free:)

sanemanmad
March 28th, 2009, 12:02 PM
all micro$oft O.S= same old crap registry+added GUI(copied from other os) :)
i wont take it even if some1 willing to give it 4r free:)

I second that!

xpod
March 28th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I don't get why you would buy Vista if another version already didn't work properly.

Same here.

I went and purchased Vista Home Basic for 65 GBP

Way Too Much Ubuntu

Not enough if you ask me:wink:
If the machine originally had a legite copy of Vista on it,with a legite licence key then you could have possibly made your own trimed down install disk with vlite (http://www.vlite.net/) using the license key you already had.

.Maleficus.
March 28th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Sorry bud, but the way you explain it kind of makes it look like a mess up on your part, not really Microsofts.

1. You already had Vista, didn't like it, and bought it again?
2. Companies that pre-install Vista on their machines expect people to use Vista, not XP. They don't make drivers for XP.
3. You really thought that after you activated and registered a liscense key you would be able to sell it?
4. Based on the specs of the Aspier L100 (that Google found, yours may be different) it doesn't look like Vista being a "failed" product was the reason it was slow for you.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, just observations from your post. Please correct me if I didn't understand something right.

Bachstelze
March 28th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Bashing is not welcome here.

Thread closed.