PDA

View Full Version : Thank you UbuntuForums!

JoshTodd
March 28th, 2009, 04:42 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to the awesome community. I'm a fresh transplant to Ubuntu-land from the woes of Windows... And after a couple of small hiccups with audio and video drivers, I am ready to roll.

I would have given up hours ago were it not for your support and helpful posts.

Looking forward to contributing to some other n00bs someday and paying it forward.

:guitar:

BGFG
March 28th, 2009, 05:01 AM
You are going to love Jaunty....don't know how you set up your drives, but take some time and look into drive partitioning :)

see you around...

JECHO
March 28th, 2009, 05:11 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to the awesome community. I'm a fresh transplant to Ubuntu-land from the woes of Windows... And after a couple of small hiccups with audio and video drivers, I am ready to roll.

Looking forward to contributing to some other n00bs someday and paying it forward.

yes wait until jaunty is released. im "testing" it right now and i put testing in quotes because i have yet to find a problem with it :)

welcome to the open source world :)

JoshTodd
March 28th, 2009, 05:27 AM
You are going to love Jaunty....don't know how you set up your drives, but take some time and look into drive partitioning :)

see you around...
I'm dual booting right now, have Windows XP on half of my hard drive and Ubuntu Intrepid on the other half.

ghindo
March 28th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Glad you're enjoying your time here! We're a pretty rad community if I don't say so myself :cool:

I-75
March 28th, 2009, 04:39 PM

Welcome aboard to the community and to the forum. There are also a lot of fine podcasts about Linux and many Linux oriented videos on Youtube to listen and watch and learn further. Spread the word and tell others about Ubuntu and Linux and again welcome!

PuddingKnife
March 28th, 2009, 04:47 PM
nice avatar ;)

Sealbhach
March 28th, 2009, 04:52 PM
On behalf of the community I think I should take all of the credit for this.

dragos240
March 28th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I'm dual booting right now, have Windows XP on half of my hard drive and Ubuntu Intrepid on the other half.

It's always good to take it slow before switching completely. Also Welcome to UbuntuForums! This is a very friendly community that I visit daily, watch out for phycocats though..... jk

Sealbhach
March 28th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Yeah, dual booting is the right strategy to start off with.

binbash
March 28th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the community