PDA

View Full Version : Mad at Alltel

theozzlives
March 28th, 2009, 01:26 AM
I've been with Alltel for 4 years, I decided to purchase the Samsung Delve, the ad said it came with 8 GB external memory. What do I get? A fake memory card, I have to use my 1 GB card. Alltel says that means it can handle 8 GB not that it comes with 8 GB. Look at the ad and decide for yourself.

I forgot to ad the 8 GB is as much as the phone. If I keep them and buy a 8 GB it won't be from them.

gletob
March 28th, 2009, 01:35 AM
I think they probably meant for that to be up to 8 GB of external memory, but I can see how people would mistake that.

Maybe you should just call alltel and explain the situation and that you are a good customer that has been with them for a while.

Are you as eh.. "excited" about the Verizon-Alltel Merger as I am?

pwnst*r
March 28th, 2009, 01:39 AM
yep, very easy to mistak that for HAVING the additional 8GB of memory. i would be upset too.

Ms_Angel_D
March 28th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Looking at the photo I would have to say that the ad is indeed misleading.

CraigPaleo
March 28th, 2009, 03:21 AM
It should read "up to 8 GB external memory." It is misleading.

theozzlives
March 28th, 2009, 03:46 AM
It's false advertising!

Ericyzfr1
March 28th, 2009, 03:52 AM
If it was not meant to be included, there should have been a * referring to a small fine print at the bottom of the page.

liamnixon
March 28th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Funnily enough, a local folk musician (I'll have to find the record to remember his name) wrote a song called "Alltel sucks." You're not alone. ;)

EDIT: Oh wait, it was this guy (http://bitmunk.com/media/6490436).