PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] anti-aliasing and gnome-terminal

fhydan
March 28th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Anti-aliasing made all fonts look better on my screen, except for gnome-terminal. With anti-aliasing some characters look a little blurry. What I want to do is to disable anti-aliasing for a certain font. Is that possible? How do I do this?

The reason I want to do this instead of using rxvt is because gnome-terminal has this beautiful feature of going to full screen. If I can find that feature in one of the other terminal emulators(aterm,xterm,rxvt) I'd be just as happy using those.

fhydan
March 28th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Oh and also,

Is there a way to make any of those terminal emulators launch without window borders?

ooburns
March 28th, 2009, 03:02 AM
If you're running Compiz, you can set up a key combination for 'Toggle fullscreen' under the 'Extra WM Actions' plugin. Then, you can launch xterm (or any other terminal emulator) and hit the key combination to get it fullscreen.

This will also remove window borders.

It won't help much if you're not using Compiz, though, :(

William2206
March 28th, 2009, 03:36 AM
william2006

Can any one help me with Evolution email? The Error is:
Host Lookup Failed.
I have an error in Host lookup, that I need to correct. But have not found a path back to where I originally install: smtp.gmail.com .

fhydan
March 28th, 2009, 04:37 AM
ooburns, thank you!

That's exactly what I wanted by full-screen.
Is there a way to remove borders without making it full-screen though? I'd love to have my terminal without the title-bar and borders!

hictio
March 28th, 2009, 05:38 AM
ooburns, thank you!

Is there a way to remove borders without making it full-screen though? I'd love to have my terminal without the title-bar and borders!

Check Devil's Pie (http://www.burtonini.com/blog/computers/devilspie).
Personally, I love border-less windows, but with a title bar, please :)

If you can live with that -I mean title bars- (and you are running a Desktop Effects enabled box), you should check any Emerald theme that has no borders, my favorite is Human Tiger (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Human+Tiger?content=69772), but I really dig the Ubuntu browns :D

mcduck
March 28th, 2009, 10:53 AM
ooburns, thank you!

Yes, you can define programs that won't get window decorations and/or shadows that in the Window Decoration-plugin's settings.

fhydan
March 28th, 2009, 11:53 AM
That did it! Thank you.