PDA

View Full Version : Listen to my online radio station

JimmyJazz
January 1st, 2006, 01:05 AM
http://jimmyjazz.homeip.net:808/listenwavy/

It runs 100% on UBUNTU power even the web page was made in 100% UBUNTU.

enjoy.

sapo
January 1st, 2006, 01:09 AM
Already playing here.

And i really loved your page, its pretty :D, and i peeked at the source code too.. just a question, why dont you use XHTML?

I ll post later if i like the songs :mrgreen:

JimmyJazz
January 1st, 2006, 01:15 AM
Already playing here.

And i really loved your page, its pretty :D, and i peeked at the source code too.. just a question, why dont you use XHTML?

I ll post later if i like the songs :mrgreen:

I usally do but I kinda rushed that page I'll probally modify it to XHTML standards sometime very soon.

sapo
January 1st, 2006, 01:17 AM
I usally do but I kinda rushed that page I'll probally modify it to XHTML standards sometime very soon.
I said it cause your code is kind clean and just a few details doesnt make it a valid xhtml page, btw your radio is nice, alredy in my bookmarks :mrgreen:

Cope57
January 1st, 2006, 01:22 AM
If you need some web designs check out http://www.oswd.org/

bonzodog
January 1st, 2006, 01:24 AM
Is that listed on shoutcast.com? - do so if it's not.

JimmyJazz
January 1st, 2006, 01:25 AM
If you need some web designs check out http://www.oswd.org/

thanks but web design is what I do.

JimmyJazz
January 1st, 2006, 01:26 AM
Is that listed on shoutcast.com? - do so if it's not.

yeah its listed on Shoutcast just search for "WAVY"

majikstreet
January 1st, 2006, 01:28 AM
great design.. i wish i could design like that :(

JimmyJazz
January 1st, 2006, 01:30 AM

designing webpages is easy, making them work in IE is not :)

sapo
January 1st, 2006, 01:44 AM
True! But design needs talent, wich i dont have ANY, but coding is my thing :mrgreen:

i wish the same :(

DaMasta
January 1st, 2006, 01:51 AM
Hey, JimmyJazz (I can only assume this is a Clash reference, if so two thumbs up), I responded to your very old how to in the hoary section but I'll ask it here too. Any idea how I can get the scrobbler plugins to recognize the id3 tags? It says its a bad id3 tag or it doesn't have one. I know all my songs have them. I'd like to get my last.fm profile update when I'm listening to my station. Any idea?
Also, is there an advantage to shoutcast over icecast? The latter seems a little more difficult to set up which is why I went with shoutcast.

JimmyJazz
January 1st, 2006, 01:59 AM
Hey, JimmyJazz (I can only assume this is a Clash reference, if so two thumbs up), I responded to your very old how to in the hoary section but I'll ask it here too. Any idea how I can get the scrobbler plugins to recognize the id3 tags? It says its a bad id3 tag or it doesn't have one. I know all my songs have them. I'd like to get my last.fm profile update when I'm listening to my station. Any idea?
Also, is there an advantage to shoutcast over icecast? The latter seems a little more difficult to set up which is why I went with shoutcast.

I was looking into that issue a while back and found that AudioScrobbler dropped the feature allowing streams meta-data to be submitted to AS servers, appearently it was causing some problems. Streams don't use actual ID3 data but special meta-data. You might try requesting that they return this feature at their home page.

I use Shoutcast (to serve) mostly because its really simple and reliable. Icecast actually seems to be better and have more features though. I have used it for a short time but found I had stability issues with it.

DaMasta
January 1st, 2006, 02:03 AM
Okay, thanks.

Gray.
January 1st, 2006, 02:11 AM
Nice radio and nice station! I too wish I could make nice web pages... even the great DreamWeaver can't save me.. lol

JimmyJazz
January 8th, 2006, 01:57 AM
I updated the page today to XHTML

DaMasta
January 8th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Where are you pulling the current track playing and next track from? When I run ices, I don't know whats coming up next until like 10 seconds before the previous song ends.

JimmyJazz
January 8th, 2006, 04:00 AM
Where are you pulling the current track playing and next track from? When I run ices, I don't know whats coming up next until like 10 seconds before the previous song ends.

I wrote my own DJing software in python that works along side of ices.
But you can generally pull the data from your playlist as long as you turn the random track feature off in ices.

eriqk
January 8th, 2006, 04:15 AM
I updated the page today to XHTML

You shoegazer you!
Enjoying now. Thanks!

Groet, Erik

DaMasta
January 8th, 2006, 05:40 AM
as long as you turn the random track feature off in ices.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Know of a good way to jumble up my playlist?

JimmyJazz
January 8th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Know of a good way to jumble up my playlist?

http://jimmyjazz.homeip.net:808/shufflefilelines.py

you can download the above python script (which I made just for you btw)
install it anywhere you want (/usr/local/bin) and run it like so...

shufflefilelines.py /the/path/to/your/song/list.lst

it will shuffle the file and create a new one called <yourfilename.list>.shuffled in the same directory (I force it to make a new file to avoid accidents that may ruin important files)
Anyways just point ices to that newly shuffled file and you are done.

JimmyJazz
January 8th, 2006, 06:14 AM
also you may wanna take a look at you ices.cue file which gives you information about the current playing track (like 5 I think is the current position in your playlist ices is reading from)

maruchan
January 8th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Very slick site! The tunes are nice too, thanks for serving 'em up. Looks like you use Bluefish, may I ask what you like about it? I haven't used it much.

JimmyJazz
January 8th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Very slick site! The tunes are nice too, thanks for serving 'em up. Looks like you use Bluefish, may I ask what you like about it? I haven't used it much.
Bluefish is simple and lite and has a nice little reference feature. I use Quanta sometimes too though just depends on if I am in KDE or Gnome

Jaygo333
January 8th, 2006, 07:13 AM

What do you mean by that? I'm trying to learn how to create webpage and let's just say its a pain in the a$$.
Now, I'm experimnting with XAMPP.
I'm so new to this.
Teach me if its so easy.
PLEASE.1?1

And a Question to the owner. How did you do that.
I want to make a webpage and want mine as "SMOOTH" as yours.

Teach ME.1?1

:\\:D/:h34r: Jaygo333 :\\:D/:h34r:

quonsar
January 8th, 2006, 07:20 AM
very nice. bookmarked!

DaMasta
January 8th, 2006, 09:16 AM
http://jimmyjazz.homeip.net:808/shufflefilelines.py

you can download the above python script (which I made just for you btw)
install it anywhere you want (/usr/local/bin) and run it like so...

shufflefilelines.py /the/path/to/your/song/list.lst

it will shuffle the file and create a new one called <yourfilename.list>.shuffled in the same directory (I force it to make a new file to avoid accidents that may ruin important files)
Anyways just point ices to that newly shuffled file and you are done.
Thanks for the script. I haven't tried it yet. I had looked at ices.cue the other day. Just finished my php script to automatically refresh the now playing list. Only thing it doesn't take into account is how much the end user has buffered. Not sure how to go about calculating that, or if it is even possible. But, unless the buffering is way queued up, it's still pretty effective.

JimmyJazz
January 8th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the script. I haven't tried it yet. I had looked at ices.cue the other day. Just finished my php script to automatically refresh the now playing list. Only thing it doesn't take into account is how much the end user has buffered. Not sure how to go about calculating that, or if it is even possible. But, unless the buffering is way queued up, it's still pretty effective.

yeah I wouldn't really think it would be at all possible to figure out how much they have buffered but it really shouldn't matter because most people only buffer 30 seconds or so anyway.

JimmyJazz
January 11th, 2006, 10:28 AM
I was considering making my DJ software (for ices) available, would anyone be interested?

majikstreet
January 11th, 2006, 10:01 PM
:)

yeah.. i may be interested :p I'd have to fiddle with ices, though.