PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Lost Volume Control in XFCE Panel

zoah305
March 27th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Recently the volume control (the little green bar that moves up/down to show volume level) has disappeared from the panel. When I right click, add item, then select volume control to add to the panel, nothing happens. It's not major the sound still works but it's nice to see what the volume level is at.

Any suggestions how to get this back?

kerry_s
March 27th, 2009, 08:30 PM
try dragging it from the add window to the panel

zoah305
March 30th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Wow that was far too simple, thanks! :D

sudoxe
April 3rd, 2009, 08:44 AM
I have the same problem, just not with Xubuntu, I'm using the regular Ubuntu but with the Xfce DE... I've tried dragging it from the add window, but it doesn't work.

kerry_s
April 3rd, 2009, 09:07 AM
I have the same problem, just not with Xubuntu, I'm using the regular Ubuntu but with the Xfce DE... I've tried dragging it from the add window, but it doesn't work.

not sure what you mean.
are you using the xfce4-panel in gnome?
or
are you trying to put the xfce4-volume applet on the gnome panel?

aranur
May 4th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Volume control is available again. but it has changed. i prefer the way it used to function. Then, I could simply click bar and set the volume level. now, the default action is to open the xfce4-mixer. is there a command to set left click action to master volume slider bar instead, at least.

for me, the best case senario would be to have the old functionality again, in the new mixer panel item. simply put, I want to be able to click the volume level i want from the panel without needing to pop anything else up.

tastefuldeath
April 28th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Volume control is available again. but it has changed. i prefer the way it used to function. Then, I could simply click bar and set the volume level. now, the default action is to open the xfce4-mixer. is there a command to set left click action to master volume slider bar instead, at least.

for me, the best case senario would be to have the old functionality again, in the new mixer panel item. simply put, I want to be able to click the volume level i want from the panel without needing to pop anything else up.

Is there any way to bring back the old functionality? :( I like the volume clicker better than the mixer.

daboochmeister
May 6th, 2012, 06:48 PM
If you hover over the control with your mouse pointer, your mouse scroll wheel will change the volume.

I like the old style better (more control, could use up/down arrow keys to tweak ... and i can't figure out a way to quickly mute). C'est la vie, right?

linuxmatt7
May 6th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Just right click and add volume to your XFCE panel.