PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cairo-clock screenlet theme install, help

Cormerin
March 27th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Hi, I've downloaded this 95788-Cockpit_0.9.tar cairo-clock theme from gnomelook.org

How do I install it into the screenlet?

Thanks

Cormerin
March 27th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Nevermind, I figured it out.

paxxus
November 11th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out.
Thanks man, that was really helpful.

ben2talk
December 2nd, 2010, 03:41 AM
Lolz @Paxxus

Come on guys - don't say 'ok, I fixed it' because that helps nobody.

You should put HELP in here.

I have Cairo-clock, with themes in /usr/share/cairo-clock/themes but these aren't picked up by the screenlet. My search led me here first, and there isn't an answer - this is bad for Ubuntu users.

Now I'm not sure what folder the screenlets go to, but after installing them to the above folder, I opened nautilus (root - gksu nautilus) and browsed to /usr/share/cairo-clock/themes and copied the contents to desktop, changing properties to enable read-write for me. Then I used the screenlets manager, selected the clock, and then clicked 'install themes' from the left hand menu.

After restarting the clock, the themes are available.

Chazz44able
December 29th, 2010, 02:03 AM
I have my clock folder in home/.config/cairo-dock/extra/cairo-clock and if you drop the clock themes into there, you can proceed to activate the clock in your dock by changing the theme(it'll appear there).

rs87424
December 30th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Hey guys,

I have had a few issues with this screenlet application and its really frustrating. I tried to install the flip theme for the clock screenlet and I have a similar problem.

So how would I drag and drop this extracted zip file into the share folder?

Also, instead of opening my home folder from the main menu the screenlet application will pop up instead of the folder... I have to put nautilus into my terminal just to see my home folder...

I wonder if its related to the screenlet application?

Help would be much appreciated!

evoka0
January 11th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Probably this will help: the screenlets clock themes to be imported are supposed to be in a tar.bz2 file, with a theme.conf file inside, along with all the svg files. Since the cockpit clock doesnt have a theme.conf file, I made mine with 2 lines

[Theme]
name=Cockpit
Then the theme is compressed into a tar.bz2 file, and imported as before.

However I wanted my theme to be on my /home/ so I saved all the svg files and the theme.conf in ~/.screenlets/Clock/themes/Cockpit_Screenlet/

Zozz999
January 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
First extract the themes from the tar.gz
Go to terminal and type: gksu nautilus
In the root folder, on the left side click: File System/usr/share/cairo-clock/themes
Once there just drag and drop your wanted themes into the themes folder
Done ;)

rs87424
January 21st, 2011, 09:08 AM
thanks I forgot I was supposed to do that. Now I just realized that the author of the article that I downloaded the tar.gz keeps removing the file. Now I am not sure I should download that one again. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

tnt533
May 15th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I just installed a cairo-clock theme downloaded from gnome-look by simply opening the Screenlets manager, selecting the clock screenlet in the list and then clicking on install new theme on the left. I browsed to where the tar file containing theme was located and clicked OK. BAM!

Restart the clock screenlet on your desktop then the theme will be in the list. Easy, peasy.

You can delete the tar file after install.

stinkeye
May 16th, 2011, 03:13 AM
You can also install by creating a
~/.cairo-clock/themes directory
and place the extracted folder in ~/.cairo-clock/themes