PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Torrent help

keith e boy
March 27th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Hi everyone im the latest Newbie so il hold my head low eh..lol
well nice to see what everyones been posting, im a decent fella so if i can help PLEASE let me know..
Anyway ive just d/l Utorrent & installed it & ive installed PowerIso as well as Winrar (The normal progs for torrent) & i cant seem to D/l any torrents cause the grey splashscreen says "Find or Save" NOT the normal "Run/Save/Cancel" & i havent used utorrent for a year so i dont know if its due to the new version.?
Im running on my second machine which has XP Pro Untill i get my new router then its back to my XPS, anyway IF anyone can help or suggest anything i'd be VERY greatfull,btw i only want one file...
Thanks

cariboo
March 27th, 2009, 07:16 PM
You do realize that this is a Linux forum, and Windows questions are generally not answered here as ther are plenty of other places on the internet to get answers to your question.

I would suggest you use tramission, as it is installed by default, and most of the other tools that you would normally download for Windows are included in your Ubuntu installation.

Jim

graysky
March 27th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Wait... are you running Ubuntu or Windows? If you want a torrent client for Ubuntu that looks more like utorrent I would suggest deluge. Version 0.5.x is in the Intrepid repos (1.1.5 is in the juanty repos) or you can download/compile from the deluge page (http://download.deluge-torrent.org/source/).

To install the 0.5.x version on Intrepid:

$ sudo aptitude install deluge-torrent

keith e boy
March 28th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Thanks guy's i realise ive made a BooBoo here BUT still thankyou so much for your time!!