PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Podcast data bug



njd4k
March 27th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I'm having a weird problem in Rhythmbox I can't find anywhere else in the forums/on the Internet. When a particular podcast episode has not started downloading, its data look fine; at some point during or just after the file downloads, however, Rhythmbox changes the data so the "Feed" value is unknown and what used to be the Feed name becomes "Artist." This makes it a big pain to manage podcasts on my iPod, since they all get dumped in an Unknown podcast group.

So, I have two questions:

(1) Does anybody have any ideas how this can be fixed?

(2) Is there a way to manually change the properties of a podcast file? (This is not activated in Rhythmbox.)

Yes, I have tried Banshee, Amarok and Songbird (and a bunch of others), but none get along with my iPod as well as Rhythmbox.

njd4k
March 31st, 2009, 01:05 AM
I hate to bump my own thread, but I'd love a response.

Tips for getting Banshee to recognize an iPod Classic are also welcome as an alternative method.

njd4k
April 3rd, 2009, 11:03 PM
Reinstalling the rhythmbox package via Synaptic does not work.

I noticed one of my podcasts substitutes podcast feed names with values other than unknown. ("KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic" becomes "Morning Becomes Eclectic.") This seems to be a bug where the feed name is being replaced by some other field value when the file starts downloading, and this value happens to be blank for all feeds except this one.