PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Install/Resolution Problem

Trintar
March 26th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Hello,

I have just decided to set up a dual-boot with Windows XP and Kubuntu (8.10 desktop). I select install when booting from the DVD-ROM and then the window is much bigger than the screen when selecting my location and partitions and so on. If I try to resize the window, it still will not fit on the screen. This poses a problem as it is hard to guess where the buttons are and I would like to be able to read everything properly.

I tried looking through the F1-6 keys on the main install menu but I am not familiar with code, so I don't know how to select a custom resolution.

If any other information is needed, please let me know.

Trintar
March 27th, 2009, 12:35 AM
I just tried installing Kubuntu inside of Windows and running it that way. When logging in, I can see the login window but only on the very bottom right corner of the screen. I can manage to log in, but once I do the desktop is still having the same problems. I can drag windows off the screen and can navigate down to the bottom blindly to select buttons on the taskbar. The problem is my monitor is only showing a small portion of what's actually going on.