PDA

View Full Version : I have done it again...

speedwell68
March 26th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I have bought another product from the Microsoft Corp and bloody good it is too. Yes, I have a new keyboard, I could stand the one Acer supplied no longer. Microsoft do make bloody good keyboards.

aeiah
March 26th, 2009, 08:34 PM
i went down the same path a few weeks ago. i was determined when i set foot in pc world to get a good typing keyboard for the study computer and must've spend about 20 minutes surreptitiously opening boxes and typing on the ones already out on display. nothing below about £60 beat the £14 microsoft ps2 keyboard.

kidux
March 26th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I use a MS ergo keyboard at work and it's been a lifesaver for my wrists. I prefer Logitech though, honestly. I think they have better products, but I wasn't going to spend that kind of money for a work piece of equipment, so I requisitioned this one from the office supply.

hyperdude111
March 26th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Never really cared about keyboards, I Generally use the ones that came shipped with it, but i the HP keyboard is far better than the Dell one.

dragos240
March 26th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I would rather cut off all of the last digits of my fingers and toes than buy a microsoft product!

pwnst*r
March 26th, 2009, 09:16 PM
ms k/b's are good, but their mice don't hold a candle to logitech

speedwell68
March 26th, 2009, 09:51 PM
i went down the same path a few weeks ago. i was determined when i set foot in pc world to get a good typing keyboard for the study computer and must've spend about 20 minutes surreptitiously opening boxes and typing on the ones already out on display. nothing below about £60 beat the £14 microsoft ps2 keyboard.

Exactly the one I bought. I use a bog standard HP keyboard at work and that isn't too bad, but the one that Acer ships is rubbish. I am quite a fat touch typist and that keyboard was knocking my wpm in half, it felt so dead and unresponsive. This £14 MS is excellent. All of the extra buttons, like volume, mute, home, email and such like, work properly in GNOME too.

aktiwers
March 26th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Logitech?

TBOL3
March 26th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Me too¸ I love hardware from Microsoft, isn't it ironic?

namegame
March 26th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Microsoft makes some solid hardware, that's for sure. I have an old Pentium 4 that I use quite a bit for OS testing purposes and I still use the original Microsoft PS/2 mouse and keyboard. I suppose they are about 10 years old and they still work flawlessly. :P

OutOfReach
March 26th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Logitech?

Logitech is my #1 keyboard/mouse company :)

init1
March 27th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Why are Logitech's mice so much better than Microsoft's? I use a Microsoft mouse sometimes, and it seems fine to me.

myusername
March 27th, 2009, 12:12 AM
i want a keyboard/mouse combo like you find on laptops. i've seen them before but they're hard to find. i use my desktop in my bedroom and i lay on my bed to use it so a wireless keyboard/mouse would be wonderful

Joeb454
March 27th, 2009, 12:22 AM
I have bought another product from the Microsoft Corp and bloody good it is too. Yes, I have a new keyboard, I could stand the one Acer supplied no longer. Microsoft do make bloody good keyboards.

I originally bought an MS keyboard to go with my desktop. I since bought an Apple keyboard, which I love (it's the lower profile keys that do it for me if I'm honest).

I've had the same mouse (Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0) for well over 4 years, and it still works perfectly. It's only been through about 10 AA batteries in that time too :)

BuffaloX
March 27th, 2009, 02:28 AM

Yeah you really MUST try the feel before buying, or else you have a 99% chance of coming home with a keyboard you ditch i 5 mins.

I have Pleomax (samsung) it's very precise, all the bigger keys works perfectly when pressed in their extreme edges, it has a very nice feel, and doesn't make too much noise.

My mouse is A4 Tech X750BF which is very precise and works on any surfaced I've tried. It has some sort of snake coating that makes it very nice to use. It was extremely cheap for its quality.

I NEVER buy MS or Logitech anymore, Logitech has burned me so many times, one Logitech keyboard actually sucked up water I spilled on the table!
Generally Logitech is just overpriced and not so good quality.
MS keyboards and mice has been OK but nothing special, except when they came out with the first diode based mouse, which I had waited for for 3 years.