PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] upside down and mirrored desktop

Skip Da Shu
March 26th, 2009, 08:12 AM
I unstalled network-manager-gnome package via synaptic and then this happened. This isn't really Ubuntu but Dotsch/UX a very close derivative of Ubuntu.

I need a fix or can someone tell me how to save off my dhcp config files to a samba server on my lan. How do I (at this point) find out the root password so I can boot into recovery mode etc. etc.

The splash screens and anything outside of the actual main desktop display are all fine).

http://skipsjunk.net/linked-gfx/Screenshot_crunch34

It's worse than it looks... a drop down menu that is upside down and mirrored does not execute the list item selected but the one that would have been in that position if it were not upside down! Entry boxes are near impossible. But I THINK I got network-manager-gnome reinstalled... but no change. Like I said I really just need to get about 4 or 5 small files out of /etc and over to my network disk.

Skip Da Shu
March 26th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Dang... simple fix... somehow "visual effects" got turned on. Once I guessed where the tab would be on a correctly displayed screen and set it back off all returned to normal!

RESOLVED!

jal
June 4th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Dang... simple fix... somehow "visual effects" got turned on.

Thanks for the post Skip Da Shu. For a moment there I thought I had been transported through the looking glass.

I had connected via XDMCP to another gnome desktop, which had "visual effects" on. I fixed it by physically going to the machine and setting it off.