PDA

View Full Version : I don't mean to sound rude, but...

Mercurybird
December 31st, 2005, 05:18 PM
It must be two weeks since I ordered one CD of Ubuntu. Did I fall through the cracks? How long does it take anyway? I'm trying to be very patient.

Oh well, a question or two while I wait...

I'm going to install it on a second HDD in my Windows box, then set it up as a dual boot system. My system is an AMD-64bit. Will the install see that on its own, or will I need to tell it?

Thanks Community! :p

Geekboy
December 31st, 2005, 05:21 PM
It must be two weeks since I ordered one CD of Ubuntu. Did I fall through the cracks? How long does it take anyway? I'm trying to be very patient.

I'm going to install it on a second HDD in my Windows box, then set it up as a dual boot system. My system is an AMD-64bit. Will the install see that on its own, or will I need to tell it?

Thanks Community! :pThe CD's will arrive, they just take awhile. Mine took several weeks. That's fine, since I just hand those out to people.

If you want the CD now, I suggest downloading the ISO. It's the same thing just without the fancy packaging.

Mercurybird
December 31st, 2005, 05:25 PM
Okay that's reassuring. Thanks!:D

Mercurybird
December 31st, 2005, 06:31 PM
Downloading as we speak. 5 minutes left. A-T-I-C-I-P-A-T-I-O-N! :p

truthfatal
December 31st, 2005, 06:50 PM
I think my CD's took around 4 weeks to arrive.

'Twas worth the wait :)

Mercurybird
January 1st, 2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah that surely shows how many people are ordering them.

Iandefor
January 1st, 2006, 12:55 AM

Thanks Community! :p It should work fine. Unless you ordered discs for AMD64, it won't recognize it's 64-bit, but that won't have an impact on stability. As for ShipIt: I ordered a set of 5 CDs in early June, and they arrived in middle July. After that, the discs turned out to be bad, and they wouldn't install. Well, I managed to get one to install twice, then it started failing again. So, I'd install from a burned disc, but reading later posts, it seems that's what you're planning on doing. Good luck with that ShipIt disc when it comes.

sapo
January 1st, 2006, 01:03 AM
It took 2 months to arrive here, dunno why you are in a rush.. remeber what time of the year we are in :p

JorahLavin
January 1st, 2006, 01:03 AM
My CDs took just over 4 weeks to get here, and only a few hours to install and configure and here I am! Say Hello to a new Ubuntu user... I think I'll stay!

-Jorah

Minyaliel
January 1st, 2006, 01:08 AM
Hehe, I remember ordering mine in may and getting them in... well... whenever I registered here.... lolz. Seems like it's hundred years ago :P

chimera
January 1st, 2006, 01:20 AM
Why didn't you just download it? It's the same thing, except you're not costing Canonical anything:D

Mercurybird
January 1st, 2006, 03:18 AM
Alright thanks then. And with that, let the fun begin! :p