PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Changing metacity font color

viktiglemma
March 25th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Hi,

I'm using a dark theme that's very pleasing to my eyes. However, the default dark blue color that metacity uses for links (URLs and email addresses (see System -> About GNOME f.ex)) is not suitable for a dark-gray background.

Does anyone know how I can change this color?

inobe
March 25th, 2009, 11:08 PM
when you changed the background color' the text color has needs changing to compensate for the background.

right clicking the desktop hitting "change background"

hit themes tab, at bottom click customize, click colors button.

change the text color

be sure to copy the color code before changing to restore defaults.

viktiglemma
March 26th, 2009, 03:03 PM
when you changed the background color' the text color has needs changing to compensate for the background.

right clicking the desktop hitting "change background"

hit themes tab, at bottom click customize, click colors button.

change the text color

be sure to copy the color code before changing to restore defaults.

The texts colors that can be changed in the Theme Colors option are general text for windows, input boxes, selected items, and tooltops. It does not include the URL and email address type text, which is a more special type of text. I will need to dive deeper into GNOME configuration, but I don't know where to go.

inobe
March 26th, 2009, 10:35 PM
remember that some things have to be closed and opened again for changes to take affect, these settings affect everything including the browser, basically they are global settings.

you may even want to log out and back in to verify the changes

MrJones
March 30th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Oh, I had this same question a couple of weeks ago, but gave up because I couldn't find it. You can't change the color of links as displayed in Thunderbird, for example, which are blue. In the normal theme this isn't a problem, but when switching to for instance DarkRoom this becomes unreadable. This color is not defined in Thunderbird. Does anybody know where the files are that have the values for these colors?