PDA

View Full Version : PostIt-like app for Gnome?

mslade
March 25th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Hey all, sorry if I'm in the wrong forum. I'm looking for an application for keeping notes. I'm currently using Tomboy and it's pretty cool, but the UI isn't all that great. If you guys have any favorites, I'd love to hear about them and try them out.

Thanks in advance.

Closed_Port
March 25th, 2009, 09:57 PM
It's a bit more than just note-taking, but you could take a look at zim, a desktop wiki. http://zim-wiki.org/

hewbert
March 25th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I use the sticky notes applet myself.

Pretty simple interface. Basic note pad, nothing fancy.

scottuss
March 25th, 2009, 10:10 PM
It's very simple but you could install screenlets

sudo apt-get install screenlets

then use the Sticky Note screenlet. There are loads of other cool "widgets" included, give it a go!

wolfen69
March 25th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I use the sticky notes applet myself.

Pretty simple interface. Basic note pad, nothing fancy.

yeah, sticky notes is all i need.

btw hewbert, are you going for some kind of record to see how long you can be a member and still have 0 posts? :P

damis648
March 25th, 2009, 10:14 PM
If you just want a sticky note-type thing, try adding the sticky note applet to your panel. (Right Click>Add to Panel>Sticky Notes)

hewbert
March 25th, 2009, 10:19 PM
yeah, sticky notes is all i need.

btw hewbert, are you going for some kind of record to see how long you can be a member and still have 0 posts? :P

Nah, I registered here for some reason or another a couple years ago, but never used Ubuntu.

Just started looking at the forums again recently.

mslade
March 26th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the helpful replies. I thought I wanted something simple but after trying out the suggestions I decided that the Sticky Notes was too simple for me, and I find Zim very useful. Not what I described but apparently what I wanted.. who know :)

Thanks again.
Mark