PDA

View Full Version : April Fools Day, not for Ubuntu users.

stchman
March 25th, 2009, 08:13 PM
At least we Ubuntu users can use our PCs on April 1st without fear of the Conficker virus.

I also like how the Windows weenies say our day is coming for viruses.

What they don't realize is that Linux permissions alone keep it safe from viruses.

pwnst*r
March 25th, 2009, 08:18 PM
At least we Ubuntu users can use our PCs on April 1st without fear of the Conficker virus.

I also like how the Windows weenies say our day is coming for viruses.

What they don't realize is that Linux permissions alone keep it safe from viruses.

windows weenies? are you 12?

and lol @ this virus, i'm not worried about it.

stchman
March 25th, 2009, 08:26 PM
windows weenies? are you 12?

and lol @ this virus, i'm not worried about it.

If I was 12 I would have said my dad can beat your dad up.

artir
March 25th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I want to know what will the Conficker virus do.
I think it will do a DDoS, but against who?

Neo_The_User
March 25th, 2009, 08:28 PM
If I was 12 I would have said my dad can beat your dad up.

....buhwaHAHAHA!

stchman
March 25th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I want to know what will the Conficker virus do.
I think it will do a DDoS, but against who?

No one knows exactly what it is going to do.

From what I have read is that it will affect mostly PCs outside the US. Reason being is that most people overseas use pirated, unpatched versions of Windows. These versions are not able to receive updates so they are prime targets.

Hey overseas folks, either buck up and buy Windows or install Ubuntu or some other derivative of Linux.

It appears that a properly updated Windows XP running AV/AS is highly unlikely to be affected.

Tristam Green
March 25th, 2009, 08:39 PM
viruses will come with market share, as has been stated ad infinitum on this board.

Conficker-Day is sad for many Windows users, but the tools for removal and prevention are out there/have been out there, so more shame on the unlucky SOBs who haven't patched their boxes.

Rocket2DMn
March 25th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I think the general attitude in this thread is not very good, not to mention having wrong information, a fair amount of name calling, and generally immature behavior. I'm sorry to those who tried to keep it on topic and clean, but I'm closing it.