PDA

View Full Version : Using online software

irv
March 25th, 2009, 03:54 PM
There is a thread on this forum that was dealing with cloud computing and online OS's. But what I wanted to do here is find out how others feel about using online software. Take for example. I use gmail for my email and Picasa to store my photos. I bought more storage space online to keep all my photos for my family to share and backup. I pay $20 a year for 10 gig of storage. I also use online calendaring and also have webpages hosted on other servers outside my home. I don't keep personal data out there, but my bank has my saving, checking, and mortgage payments on line. I have everything secure with a password.
What is your feeling on doing so much online and using online software? One thing I find useful is I can get to at all this from anywhere I can get on the Internet.

UbuntuNerd
March 25th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I keep pictures and data online I find it very useful b/c I can access them any time from my phone or any computer but some things I just do the old fashion way and I don't use my real credit card online only a prepaid card from capitol one with the amount im planning on spending. thats just me and I don't spend money to keep any of my things online there are plenty of places out there for you to store data and pictures free.

FraggedLocust
March 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM
The only regret I have about using cloud computing and the internet in general is that I have no way of completely removing my data, as it's most definitely stored on twenty different servers. I'd love to go back and take down information on sites I'm not using anymore.

UbuntuNerd
March 25th, 2009, 04:45 PM
The only regret I have about using cloud computing and the internet in general is that I have no way of completely removing my data, as it's most definitely stored on twenty different servers. I'd love to go back and take down information on sites I'm not using anymore.

I also have this problem.