PDA

View Full Version : How to publisize and advertize Ubuntu

diffuser78
December 31st, 2005, 10:01 AM
How to publisize and advertize Ubuntu? I was introduced to Ubuntu by one of my friends and I have been using it eversince. After that I have bootstrapped many people to Ubuntu. Mouth to mouth publicity is one thing . Is there any other way to publisize and advertize Ubuntu to users who use Windows and not aware of Ubuntu Linux like OS. Its an important question asked to me by one of my colleagues who has liked Ubuntu so much that he turned a complete linux guy from absolutely nowhere ( was dipped in windows and is now now dipped in Ubuntu).

What ways you can think of taking Ubuntu to masses.... I think its an amazing distro and needs adverisement.

What say ???

homegrown
December 31st, 2005, 10:53 AM
I've been asked to do an Office setup for a small finance company back home (SA) - they just need FNP & Mail really, and the staff is not very IT aware, so it gives me a blank canvas to work with. If you're going to learn to use a PC, you might as well learn the right way.

Ubuntu has featured on slashdot quite a number of times in the past 6 months or so, which is great, but I think what will really help is non-technical buisness people telling of their experiences & ease of changeover as the best advertising we can ask for.

Hopefully the "keeping up with the jones's" mentallity would bring something good for a change.