PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wont Install anything

webbut
March 24th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I just installed an old Ubuntu disk i had on my computer(7.04) and im connected to the internet but i can go to the add/remove software thing to get updates and install new things. when i get to the "Downloading package information". It says at 1% and then a pop up says it couldnt download and it lists all the files. I try again and look at the download information and it just skips each thing without downloading a single kb

mhgsys
March 24th, 2009, 10:15 PM
open up a terminal .

typ

sudo dpkg --configure -a

after that try to update with

sudo apt-get update

then try again

edit<;do they actually still support it??

stchman
March 24th, 2009, 10:29 PM
I just installed an old Ubuntu disk i had on my computer(7.04) and im connected to the internet but i can go to the add/remove software thing to get updates and install new things. when i get to the "Downloading package information". It says at 1% and then a pop up says it couldnt download and it lists all the files. I try again and look at the download information and it just skips each thing without downloading a single kb

That is because the Feisty Fawn repositories are now closed. You will need to use Dapper(6.06 LTS) Gutsy(7.10), Hardy(8.04 LTS), or Intrepid(8.10).