PDA

View Full Version : beware Opera 9.64

trash
March 24th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I just installed it and lost all bookmarks and mail. Tools/mail and chat accounts won't even load following a startup error about old mail being incompatible with new version. I also tried downgrading but error persist.

Opera website does give fix for windows version but nothing for linux.:(

bailout
March 24th, 2009, 08:15 PM
No problem here in either Linux or windows. What version of Opera did you have on there already? I did get a strange error message from the windows installer but it still installed fine.

JackieChan
March 24th, 2009, 08:22 PM
You should always backup your bookmarks before updating...

trash
March 24th, 2009, 09:15 PM
No errors on installation and i think i was running 9.63 as i usualy upgrade whenever available.
I might have backed stuff up if this was a major upgrade but there was no indication there could be problems.

timjohn7
March 24th, 2009, 09:54 PM
No problem upgrading from Version 9.62 to 9.64 in Linux... all bookmarks, mail, contacts intact and working great.
Did you upgrade or do a new install over a previous version?

getaboat
March 24th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I've had Opera 9.64 for a while now. No problems. Generally on Linux Opera is my browser of choice - except for listening to radio - where it is pants, very choppy

trash
March 24th, 2009, 10:03 PM
i couldn't live without mail builtin so i removed opera and installed the beta 10.. everything works again and beta seems fine:)

trash
March 24th, 2009, 10:05 PM
No problem upgrading from Version 9.62 to 9.64 in Linux... all bookmarks, mail, contacts intact and working great.
Did you upgrade or do a new install over a previous version?

new install over the old, but i always do that anyway... maybe i'll stop lol

Skripka
March 24th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Works fine here, on the rare times I use it. Upgrade went fine too.

samjh
March 25th, 2009, 08:05 AM
I went from 9.63 to 9.64 without hitch. :confused: My only problem is the occasional soft freeze when viewing multiple tabs with pages containing Flash content.

binbash
March 25th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I do not face with that problem, it is working fine here

Lunx
March 25th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I upgraded the other week but before doing so I went into home/user/.opera and renamed it opera.bac. Did the upgrade and then went to the new .opera file that was created and pasted in the files from the directory I'd renamed and it all went very smoothly and all settings,bookmarks etc were as I had them (except I did lose my RSS feeds for some reason).

As an aside, I tried running a beta of 10 when it first came out, but I had problems setting up mail so went back to the stable version. Now a few months have gone by I may give it another go and see how it works (was stable and fast when I tried it, only issue was the mail so if/when that's been sorted I can't wait to use it again)