PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issue Installing 8.1.0! Please Help.

mikelicks
March 24th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Hey guys,

So I downloaded and create the dvd for Ubuntu 8.1.0 yesterday. I run the disc in Windows Vista(32bit), and chose to do the "demo and full install" with intent to install on a partition. So I choose the help me boot from disc option just to save some time. I reboot, and choose Ubuntu from the boot list. The Ubuntu Loading screen instantly pops up with the little orange bar floating back and forth. Now here's where the issue comes. Instead of the bar filling up, it skips to a black command screen instead of the installation info fill in page. As well, once in this command screen, it does not move any further, and some of the commands dont work. I have used Ubuntu before, and have it installed on my laptop as partition with Windows Vista(64bit), and I did not have this issue.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mike.

tchoklat
March 24th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I assume you have the 32 bit version for a 32 bit processor or a 64 for a 64 bit etc. Also you could try adding 'noapic' as an extra boot option, that works for me...

Installing linux on a windows system should not be an issue, try this:

http://apcmag.com/how_to_dualboot_vista_with_linux_vista_installed_f irst.htm

dmizer
March 25th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Moved this to the Installation and upgrades section, you should get more specific help here. :)