PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Auto-alignment of icons to the top right corner

Niflhiem
March 24th, 2009, 02:37 AM
So, I installed Conky, got it working and customized for me, but I've run into a problem: Conky covers the desktop icons. See, I have Conky aligned to the top left of the screen, but, unfortunately, any new icons default to the top left as well, landing underneath Conky.

An example of a new icon: I put a CD into the drive and Ubunutu makes shortcut to it. This is placed underneath Conky, and is invisible. Or, if I download a file through Firefox, it defaults to saving it to the desktop, and places an icon for it under Conky.

So my real question: How can I auto align these icons to the top left side of the desktop?

savalas
March 24th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Hello,

same problem here! I tried all the recommendation / solutions that are mentioned on the conky homepage: http://conky.sourceforge.net/faq.html !

Maybe I made something wrong?

terdon
June 11th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Have you tried just right-clicking on the Desktop and selecting "Align by name" and "keep aligned"?

savalas
June 11th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Have you tried just right-clicking on the Desktop and selecting "Align by name" and "keep aligned"?

Hello terdon,

tried it,...but no chance to solve my problem! It only causes that the icons are moved by name to the left corner top. Means that the icon is out of the way of conky.

But at the moment I use a conky tha is placed right down in the right corner of the desktop. The only icon I use on the desktop is placed in the right corner top of the screen. So there is no conflict anymore between my Conky and the icon;)

Thanks for your help and rock on!