PDA

View Full Version : What's this icon in Pidgin?

Bou
March 23rd, 2009, 11:20 PM
Hi,

Something curious happened today while using Pidgin. One of my contacts had a strange icon, like a blue ball, and I had never seen it before. Do you guys have any clue about what it could be?

RiceMonster
March 23rd, 2009, 11:24 PM
They're using the web messenger

Grant A.
March 23rd, 2009, 11:24 PM
Well, I don't use Pidgin, but when I did I knew that the red ball meant offline and the green ball meant online, perhaps this means "away" or "busy"?

Is this the repository version, or the one from the website?

Polygon
March 23rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
that space where the blue ball is is usually reserved for stuff like the cell phone icon (means they are online via their phone), a music icon (for msn and stuff that supports 'what you are playing')....so i can only guess that since it looks like a globe, it means its using the web messenger like someone above said.

sujoy
March 24th, 2009, 06:25 AM
you can right click on the name and then get info to check what exactly that might be :)

Giant Speck
March 24th, 2009, 06:31 AM

That's what I was thinking, considering it looks like an unbranded Firefox logo.

khc
March 27th, 2009, 08:00 AM

That's correct.

jimsing59
March 23rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
Thank you guys for solving the blue ball mystery with Pidgin. Now I will check AIM Express and see if I can produce another blue ball.

sffvba[e0rt
March 23rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
The dead threads are awoken... and I am charged with laying them back to rest...

RIP thread...