PDA

View Full Version : MS Access -> MySQL

hambone79
March 23rd, 2009, 03:30 PM
I need a little advice from anyone that has moved from an MS Access database with custom forms to a MySQL database with some sort of web based interface...

I currently have several users that are using an MS Access database to pull Work Request numbers to create Work Request Forms for manufacturing. Basically they pull a number, fill out a few fields, and then use that number and an Excel template to create the WR forms.

There is nothing wrong with using the Excel templates, but the MS Access database has got to go. On almost a weekly basis I have to restore the current database from backups because it becomes corrupt. If I had plenty of spare time I would just develop my own PHP frontend to the database and let everyone use that to pull numbers. Since I don't have alot of time, I would like to see if there is a solution that will allow me to migrate the MS Access database to a MySQL database and then create some simple web based forms for managing the database.

If anyone knows of something like this, I would really like to hear from you.

hambone79
March 23rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
After some more digging on Google it appears that VFront (http://www.vfront.org) might do the job. Does anyone have experience with this software?