PDA

View Full Version : Why does my mousepad do this?

dragos240
March 22nd, 2009, 10:13 PM
every once in a while my mousepad will go crazy, it will take 30 seconds or so to get back to normal, is this happening to anybody else?

Sinkingships7
March 22nd, 2009, 11:04 PM
In the past, this has been known to be a problem with reflective surfaces. Make sure your mousepad isn't glossy, or your mouse laser will have trouble knowing just what it's being asked to.

If you have a ball mouse, take the ball out and clean it, as well as the compartment where it resides.

dragos240
March 23rd, 2009, 01:06 AM
In the past, this has been known to be a problem with reflective surfaces. Make sure your mousepad isn't glossy, or your mouse laser will have trouble knowing just what it's being asked to.

If you have a ball mouse, take the ball out and clean it, as well as the compartment where it resides.

Oh, i meant the touchpad on your adverage laptop.

MasterNetra
March 23rd, 2009, 01:09 AM
Yea I've had that problem both here and in windows. Just disable tap click.

dragos240
March 23rd, 2009, 01:13 AM
how?

MasterNetra
March 23rd, 2009, 01:15 AM
If your using Ubuntu, not Kubuntu go to System > Preferences > Mouse then go to the Touchpad tab. Uncheck "Enable mouse clicks with touchpad" Also you could uncheck "Enable vertical scrolling" the scrolling itself maybe want is really doing it. You move your finger to the side of the touchpad and that could trigger it to try to scroll and with tap click you can easily click on something by accident.

dragos240
March 23rd, 2009, 01:26 AM
If your using Ubuntu, not Kubuntu go to System > Preferences > Mouse then go to the Touchpad tab. Uncheck "Enable mouse clicks with touchpad" Also you could uncheck "Enable vertical scrolling" the scrolling itself maybe want is really doing it. You move your finger to the side of the touchpad and that could trigger it to try to scroll and with tap click you can easily click on something by accident.

Thanks, this will come in handy.

MasterNetra
March 23rd, 2009, 01:28 AM
Thanks, this will come in handy.

I try to help where i can. :)