PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] adding new theme to cairo dock

firewarrior
March 22nd, 2009, 09:42 PM
I just got cairo dock for my desktop. I have downloaded a couple of new themes that i want to add to it but can not figure out how. Can anyone out there help me figure this out? Thanks ahead of time.

fabounet
March 23rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
uncompress them and copy them to ~/.config/cairo-dock/themes

firewarrior
March 23rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
I have tried dragging and drop. I've tried opening all in the terminal. Everytime I try putting these files in the themes folder all I get is an error message saying that permission is denied. I can't figure out what is going on here.

Celosodia
March 24th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I'm not sure about yours, but my Cairo-dock folder is in my file system. To be able to paste something into your file system, you need to login as super user. Open a terminal and type in "su" without the quotation marks. It should then ask for your password. After that is done, you should have the authority to put your themes into the folder.

fabounet
March 24th, 2009, 10:53 AM
that's very abnormal, how did you install it ?
the conf files should be in ~/.config/cairo-dock, or you should reinstall it.

YAHisKING777
January 22nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
I have tried dragging and drop. I've tried opening all in the terminal. Everytime I try putting these files in the themes folder all I get is an error message saying that permission is denied. I can't figure out what is going on here.

Theme folders need root permissions in order to write to them. Simply right click on the folder, and click "open as root". Then you will be given elevated privileges, so you could add themes to the folder.