plug it into my pc and nothing shows up i was thanking it should
mount as a hard drive but nothing can some one help me Please

xoxo

andrea000
March 22nd, 2009, 10:15 PM
Please anyone

benerivo
March 23rd, 2009, 01:18 AM
I think ubuntu now uses f-spot as the default 'import photos from camera' program. I use gthumb. Try opening f-spot and looking for an import option. If this doesn't help, then try gthumb, and go to 'File > Import Photos' from its main menu.

abn91c
March 23rd, 2009, 01:20 AM
I have a z700, F-spot should do it for you

andrea000
March 23rd, 2009, 06:20 AM
That did it i was thanking it should auto mount like a hard drive does.

Thank you guys
xoxo

bumanie
March 23rd, 2009, 08:35 AM
I have a kodak camera. I only use it rarely, but f-spot has no problem importing the photos. I think, the camera needs to be turned on - try that if you haven't already.

lisati
March 23rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
I have a kodak camera. I only use it rarely, but f-spot has no problem importing the photos. I think, the camera needs to be turned on - try that if you haven't already.

I, too, have a Kodak stills camera with a dock, upon which I just did a test. Pushing the "Kodak" button on the front of the dock was enough for Ubuntu to ask me if I wanted to open f-prot to import the pictures. There was an error dialog "unable to display contents of folder" that popped up about the same time, closing that off and importing into f-prot seemed to work ok.

Another option, if your computer has the hardware, is to use the memory card from the camera.