PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu 7.04 on ps3 network issues

buggsbunnygotshot
March 22nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
hello, i am slightly new to ubuntu. i used it on the computer for a while and just put it on the PS3.

i am having some wierd network problems. i can surf the web and go online and such but the network manager app. says there is no connection. in addition, synaptic and all othetr update managers cannot download updates. ex. i go into synaptic and it doesent find any updates so i click reload and everything in the list says "failed" i also tried to upgrade 7.04 to 7.10 in the update manager but it doesnt find any updates so i click reload and get same problem. my version of 7.04 is bare stock. no updates what-so-ever. no additional programs either. please help!(*,)

howefield
March 22nd, 2009, 06:10 PM
...synaptic and all othetr update managers cannot download updates. ex. i go into synaptic and click reload and everything in the list says "failed" i also tried to upgrade 7.04 to 7.10 in the update manager and click reload and get same problem. my version of 7.04 is bare stock.

7.04 has reached end of life, so that is why you can't get synaptic and all other update managers to work, the repositories are no longer valid. There are some posts on here with workarounds, I'll try and find one.

howefield
March 22nd, 2009, 06:12 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1003697

Read the post by kostkon.

snowpine
March 22nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
I highly recommend installing a more recent version of Ubuntu (8.04, 8.10, or 9.04 testing) from scratch. 7.04 is no longer supported.

buggsbunnygotshot
March 22nd, 2009, 10:13 PM
alright, i will try to put a later version on. thank you all. i thought i was doing somthing wrong lol.

buggsbunnygotshot
March 22nd, 2009, 10:18 PM
alright i have a question. is there a way to install ubuntu 8.04 or 8.10 on the ps3 using an external hard drive instead of the disks? can i put the ISO on the external hard drive and have the ps3 detect and install it? please let me know. thank you.