PDA

View Full Version : Post your IM adress to connect with the community

Gp.
March 22nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Hey,
well I could get flamed, but maybe not.
I've noticed the Ubuntu community is very friendly and helpful.
As great as IRC is, it's nice to talk to someone one on one either by PM or IM.

This post is for anyone who's willing to publicly show their IM add (Preferably Windows live/Yahoo) so we can all add each other and get those questions answered as quickly as possible without being too annoying :P

Post away :)

Ms_Angel_D
March 22nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Umm I don't notice you posting yours....

Therion
March 22nd, 2009, 03:56 PM
But there's already a very convenient button in everyone's display if they've entered that data in their profile...

Want to guess what that Yahoo! IM icon in my display panel does?

:confused:

enri2
March 22nd, 2009, 03:57 PM
that would be great. I'll post mines when I create one when I get home :D

mlentink
March 22nd, 2009, 04:09 PM
Hey,
Why would anyone want to flame you for that?

This post is for anyone who's willing to publicly show their IM add (Preferably Windows live/Yahoo) so we can all add each other and get those questions answered as quickly as possible without being too annoying :P

I beg to differ. Posting here in the forums may look a bit annoying to you, but it isn't for the community. Because if I answer you by PM or IM only you or a few community members benefit, whereas if someone posts here, everyone benefits. Please keep in mind that we do not only learn from solutions, but also from eachothers mistakes.

bapoumba
March 22nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
Moved to Cafe.

leonardo_neo
March 22nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Hey,

Ubuntu forum is for open discussion, so from which other users can be benefited.

This from also provides facility for IM/PM with many messenger clients. (Try to set your profile, and then you will notice that you have this option as well)

Moreover, I don't think this post belongs to this section of the forum.

P.S. It appears that it was moved from 'General Section', before my recommendation appeared on the page. Thanks :)

red_Marvin
March 22nd, 2009, 04:45 PM
At least on freenode, you can have private conversations if you register your nick.

pwnst*r
March 22nd, 2009, 05:55 PM
it'll probably open the floodgates to spam for some. i suggest using the built in tools provided by the user control panel.