PDA

View Full Version : My Late Night Snack

MaindotC
March 22nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
Just went down to the gas station where I work - I'm off tonight - and got three 1/2 lb hot pockets (Philly Steak, Meatball, & Ham & Cheese), Dr. Pepper, Cherry 7up (both 20 oz bottles), two Little Debbie zebra cakes and two apple pies. I need junk food while I'm looking for forum posts that I can help others. Food is my version of weed or alcohol.

loell
March 22nd, 2009, 09:51 AM
you might wanna lower down your cholesterol intake there. :D

Sealbhach
March 22nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
These are my latest vice... put them in the fridge for a little while. Giant Chocolate Buttons. Very moreish.

http://www.britishfooddirect.com/images/21-332-cadButtonsGiantBag.jpg

LasherHN
March 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
I like green tea as a late night snack.

Therion
March 22nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
Food is my version of weed or alcohol.
My version of weed is, well... weed. An apple pie is sounding awfully good right now though.

Giant Speck
March 22nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
Did you know that Dr. Pepper comes in a Cherry variety now? And no, I'm not talking about Cherry Vanilla. I'm talking about just plain Cherry Dr. Pepper. It's wonderful. :)

insane_alien
March 22nd, 2009, 03:26 PM
I have strangely become quite the fan of the doner kebab... while sober.

once just a drunken folly is now dinner once or twice a month. naturally my digestive system hates me for it but my tongue loves me. i didn't even know you could buy these at times other than when the clubs shut.

ELD
March 22nd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Did you know that Dr. Pepper comes in a Cherry variety now? And no, I'm not talking about Cherry Vanilla. I'm talking about just plain Cherry Dr. Pepper. It's wonderful. :)

Dayam i got to get me some of that bad boy then, dr pepper is godly.

Therion
March 22nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Did you know that Dr. Pepper comes in a Cherry variety now? ... I'm talking about just plain Cherry Dr. Pepper. It's wonderful.
Confirmed.

Hard to find in my neck o'the woods, but it's worth hunting for.

DP soooo rules.

Giant Speck
March 22nd, 2009, 03:57 PM
Confirmed.

Hard to find in my neck o'the woods, but it's worth hunting for.

DP soooo rules.

I bought it in Diet and I searched the entire box to make sure it didn't say "Limited Edition."

I was very happy.

Therion
March 22nd, 2009, 03:59 PM
I bought it in Diet and I searched the entire box to make sure it didn't say "Limited Edition."

I was very happy.
Diet DP is the ONLY diet soda I can stomach because it doesn't have that diet-soda aftertaste.

Ms_Angel_D
March 22nd, 2009, 04:07 PM
Dayam i got to get me some of that bad boy then, dr pepper is godly.

I used to like Dr. Pepper but when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter the smell repulsed me to the point of nausea and I haven't been able to drink it since, she's 11 now.

However I could always use a Mountain Dew I.V. Drip, and not any of that new flavored crap, nothing but the original for me... :D

Giant Speck
March 22nd, 2009, 04:09 PM
However I could always use a Mountain Dew I.V. Drip, and not any of that new flavored crap, nothing the original for me... :D

Meh. The only Mountain Dew I ever liked was Diet Mountain Dew Code Red.

the8thstar
March 22nd, 2009, 04:19 PM
Here is what I currently use. Dark Chocolate and Red Wine. That's heavy fuel! ;-)

s.fox
March 22nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
These are my latest vice... put them in the fridge for a little while. Giant Chocolate Buttons. Very moreish.

http://www.britishfooddirect.com/images/21-332-cadButtonsGiantBag.jpg

Hmm....Sounds good, though i am partial to the white ones :D

bapoumba
March 22nd, 2009, 04:24 PM
Here is what I currently use. That's heavy fuel! ;-)
Bourgueil at night, woaw!

the8thstar
March 22nd, 2009, 04:33 PM
Bourgueil at night, woaw!

As we say... "Il faut ce qu'il faut"! ;-) It just makes the whole experience more pleasant IMO.

MaindotC
March 22nd, 2009, 05:42 PM
Yeah I've had the cherry dr. pepper - they sell it at the gas station where I work. In fact I thought that's what I was getting but the labels are mysteriously similar in colour at 4 am. I just woke up and man am I feeling the sugar straining itself through my system now. I'm drinking lots of water to make up for it.

Therion I'm sure your version of weed is weed and frankly I hate using an operating system that is so closely associated with the use of narcotics but I guess that's just how it is.

<<joe>>
March 23rd, 2009, 07:19 PM
you might wanna lower down your cholesterol intake there. :D

Did you know current research suggest that the amount of cholesterol you take in. Doesn't affect the amount in your blood.

Ravernomina
March 23rd, 2009, 07:24 PM
best thing is in my opinion is going to a chinese place getting some nice veggie stir fry with chicken with white tea and ginsang. Bring your laptop and 3G card and ur set :)

MaindotC
March 23rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Did you know current research suggest that the amount of cholesterol you take in. Doesn't affect the amount in your blood.

"Current research" has no real meaning. NASA said the Challenger should launch, and Thiokol said it shouldn't. Doctors used to go from cadaver work to delivering babies until we were convinced of this thing called a "germ". Breakfast used to be eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, and cheese with orange juice. Now that's a huge no-no. There is no weight in "current research" because it can easily be refuted - perhaps not now but eventually it will.

Giant Speck
March 24th, 2009, 01:57 AM
best thing is in my opinion is going to a chinese place getting some nice veggie stir fry with chicken with white tea and ginsang. Bring your laptop and 3G card and ur set :)

I miss 3G. Alaska sucks in that department.

And speaking of Asian food, I could really go for some Thai food right now. Mmmmm

Therion
March 24th, 2009, 02:07 AM
The only Mountain Dew I ever liked was Diet Mountain Dew Code Red.
... I could really go for some Thai food right now.
The cut of your jib... I'm liking it sir.

/Hello, Golden Poppy? An order of Pad Thai with some some Miang-Kum on the side!
//There in 5...

wolfen69
March 24th, 2009, 02:33 AM
"Current research" has no real meaning.

i like when they say: "emerging research suggests". :rolleyes:

it's just a roundabout way of saying it means little or nothing.

SuperSonic4
March 24th, 2009, 02:35 AM
My late night snack is usually a cooked meal since I'm largely nocturnal :D

tonight it is going to be bacon, sausage, beefburger, waffle and baked beans

wolfen69
March 24th, 2009, 02:42 AM
oscar mayer beef hot dogs has become a fav of mine. especially after i smoke. after that, ice cream. :D

MaindotC
March 24th, 2009, 03:29 AM
And Wolfen - remember if the person in the advertisement is wearing a white lab coat then he must be a trustworthy source.

Dude stop smoking and then pounding it down with hot dogs! Chew gum or something man.

Giant Speck
March 24th, 2009, 03:30 AM
oscar mayer beef hot dogs has become a fav of mine. especially after i smoke. after that, ice cream. :D

I had Morning Star vegetarian corn dogs the other night at work... it scared me how much like real hot dogs it tasted. The consistency was a little off, though.

MaindotC
March 24th, 2009, 03:32 AM
I have Boca burgers too - they rock. Except when I get the occasional urge to eat $15+ worth of food from the gas station I usually eat vegetable-based foods. My girlfriend makes the ultimate dish of fufu & spicy peanut sauce :D

schauerlich
March 24th, 2009, 06:34 AM
A nice roast beef sandwich with provolone on french bread. Yummy.

MikeTheC
March 24th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I'm thinking this would be a better late-night, just-before-going-to-bed snack:

http://www.meatlessmonday.com/images/content/pagebuilder/18964.jpg

Agent.Logic_
March 24th, 2009, 07:03 AM
I'm thinking this would be a better late-night, just-before-going-to-bed snack:

http://www.meatlessmonday.com/images/content/pagebuilder/18964.jpg

Mmmm... I'd have THREE of those!

MaindotC
March 24th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Don't forget the Ultimate Bacon Sandwich (http://www.speakeasy.org/~sjmaks/bacon/). I love this quote: "I chose the low-sodium variety for its health benefits."

OffHand
March 24th, 2009, 10:54 AM
http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/