PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Designers Look Here! Need a logo for my site :)

entr3p
March 22nd, 2009, 03:09 AM
Well if you check at Learning Ubuntu (http://www.learningubuntu.com/) you see that I'm in need of a logo. The reason there's no current logo is that I'm not good at graphics. So if please a kind graphic designer could create a logo for the site then that would be great. I don't know what size it should be but all I know for now is that it has to have the words "Learning Ubuntu" and a picture of an orange apple. Here is the apple:http://www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/7895-OrangeApple.jpg

MasterNetra
March 22nd, 2009, 04:34 AM
Any particular color theme? Font type? Does the orange apple need to remain orange? Could it be altered with effects?

DeadSuperHero
March 22nd, 2009, 04:38 AM
How big of a logo do you need?

MasterNetra
March 22nd, 2009, 04:40 AM
How big of a logo do you need?

I'd probably do a 800x600 and if he needs it smaller he could always reduce its size. But that's my thought.

days_of_ruin
March 22nd, 2009, 04:49 AM
I'd probably do a 800x600 and if he needs it smaller he could always reduce its size. But that's my thought.

Svg format would be ideal.

Lunx
March 22nd, 2009, 04:50 AM
Does your site have a slogan or motto other than "Learning Ubuntu"? Do you just want a logo, or are you after a web banner as well? As asked earlier, what type of font do you envisage, sans or serif? And what colour theme, Ubuntu browns or something else? Looks like fun to mess about with, I'll have a play and see what I can come up with.

MasterNetra
March 22nd, 2009, 05:00 AM
Svg format would be ideal.

Perhaps but does the OP want it in the SVG format? He/she may only want a jpg, png, or other? But I would agree.

Does your site have a slogan or motto other than "Learning Ubuntu"? Do you just want a logo, or are you after a web banner as well? As asked earlier, what type of font do you envisage, sans or serif? And what colour theme, Ubuntu browns or something else? Looks like fun to mess about with, I'll have a play and see what I can come up with.

The OP did say he/she needs a logo and that it HAS to HAVE "Learning Ubuntu"

... it has to have the words "Learning Ubuntu" and a picture of an orange apple. ...[/IMG]

Question answered. :) (well the slogan portion for sure unless the OP changes his/her mind of course.)

smartboyathome
March 22nd, 2009, 05:01 AM
Perhaps but does the OP want it in the SVG format? He/she may only want a jpg, png, or other? But I would agree.

Give them an SVG, as they can render it to JPG, PNG, etc.

MasterNetra
March 22nd, 2009, 05:10 AM
Give them an SVG, as they can render it to JPG, PNG, etc.

Well anyway the font, and theme color still remains up in the air as well as the question of wither or not the apple picture needs to remain unmodded (scaling would be in I would assume) or could some effect be applied for as long as it remains distinguishable as a orange apple?

entr3p
March 22nd, 2009, 05:22 AM
I'm sorry you guys for not replying so fast. Was playing Guitar Hero for the first time lol. Well I would like the apple to remain orange because I thought the orange apple would be the "icon" of the site as in the apple represents learning and the orange is for ubuntu, clever huh? Oh and the font type and theme is up in the air because my site doesn't exactly have a "theme" because I'm not done yet :P. Size I guess would be a large banner I could resize easily and a slogan would be "Ubuntu guides for human beings" but you can suggest anything you think would sound nice :). Of course scaling of the apple and effect and stuff is okay.

DeadSuperHero
March 22nd, 2009, 05:25 AM
Here is my mockup based on your picture. It's a bit rough, but I think with some adjustments it could be quite nice.

entr3p
March 22nd, 2009, 05:55 AM
Here is my mockup based on your picture. It's a bit rough, but I think with some adjustments it could be quite nice.

Wow that is amazing :O! I really like it :) I love the originality and I have to say I showed others and they really enjoy it as well :). if anyone wants to take a shot at it then please do :). I would love to see others work!

MaxIBoy
March 22nd, 2009, 06:22 AM
Do you also want a banner to go on top of each page? Because I had an idea of the website title, "Learning Ubuntu," in the Ubuntu title font, only the letters are "cut out" of a blank surface, and behind it are stacked books. Sort of like the attachment.

I could work that apple in there between "learning" and "ubuntu."

MasterNetra
March 22nd, 2009, 06:43 AM
Here is my run at it.

http://www.geocities.com/nexis_empire/learnUbuntuLogo200x200.jpg

DeadSuperHero
March 22nd, 2009, 06:53 AM
I updated mine to be more Tango-compliant.

Feel free to tweak it if you want. It might need to be in more of an apple shape. Those are harder to draw with a mouse, but this is just an idea anyhow.

MasterNetra
March 22nd, 2009, 07:07 AM
Increased Fontsize (as noticed in changed version of the 200x200 so here are both 200x200 and 50x50 for the heck of it.

http://www.geocities.com/nexis_empire/learnUbuntuLogo200x200.jpg http://www.geocities.com/nexis_empire/learnUbuntuLogo50x50.jpg

joshdudeha
March 22nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Give me a day or something, Ill try come up with something ^_^

joshdudeha
March 22nd, 2009, 09:06 AM
Sorry that it might take me a while. Just I'm a bit busy today :/
But hopefully, it'll be worth it : D

joshdudeha
March 22nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
Ok, here we go.
It didn't take me as long as I thought.
I can make it lighter for you if you want.
whatever, just tell me what you think

I'll try upload the .psd somewhere else (suggestions where?) as it is too big to attach here

P.s. I didn't incorporate the apple, as I couldn't really find a decent image of an orange apple. and are a bit a busy to edit an original file, sorry :$ I could try putting it in later

Tomosaur
March 22nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Ok, here we go.
It didn't take me as long as I thought.
I can make it lighter for you if you want.
whatever, just tell me what you think

I'll try upload the .psd somewhere else (suggestions where?) as it is too big to attach here

P.s. I didn't incorporate the apple, as I couldn't really find a decent image of an orange apple. and are a bit a busy to edit an original file, sorry :$ I could try putting it in later

I like this one - drop the apple theme imo. People will associate it with Apple, and most people do not associate apples with learning at all.

joshdudeha
March 22nd, 2009, 07:02 PM
I like this one - drop the apple theme imo. People will associate it with Apple, and most people do not associate apples with learning at all.

Thank you,
and that might be a good idea.
The speech bubble (although could be improved), I think, shows a sign of help.
I hope to know other people's opinions

jimi_hendrix
March 22nd, 2009, 07:28 PM
i like them all...like a mini art contest

joshdudeha
March 22nd, 2009, 07:33 PM
@ the OP.
If you like my design, I would love to design your website.
If you could just brief me on what kind of theme or style you'd like, I'd be happy to design for you (:

Starlight
March 23rd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Maybe something like this :) (I have it in SVG so it's easy to resize)

entr3p
March 24th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Wow I really like that design as well. Hmm. Can you guys (Mr. Psychopath & Starlight) make a fusion of both your logos?

http://www.learningubuntu.com/templates/rhuk_milkyway/images/logo.png
I edited the original. I flipped the orange and removed the U from Ubuntu because the orange already has one.

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=107400&d=1237834139
I really like the apple shape and the bigger "learning" because on the other one it's too small.

The fusion: It would be the apple shape with Psycho's colour and style and also the same text as the one of Psycho's but the size of Starlight.

Starlight
March 24th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Hi! I'm glad you like it :) For some reason I forgot that it's supposed to be orange and made it yellow. :shock:

Here's my apple with similar orange colors to the ones Mr. Psychopath used:

Starlight
March 24th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I was randomly playing around with the logo and here's another idea :) I moved the text around a little, and added a shadow to make the apple seem like it's standing on a surface... the text doesn't have a shadow because it's floating in the air around the apple :D

DeadSuperHero
March 25th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Here's how the proposed image merge came out.