PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with Now Playing Screenlet

evasquez924
March 22nd, 2009, 12:56 AM
Hi, first of all, I have Ubuntu 8.10 running without any problem.
I decided to install screenlets and did so without any problem, once again. I configured 2 clocks, 1 calendar, 1 wheater and one trash easily.
When I came to the part of adding the "now playing" screenlet, the whole story went darker. I can be added normaly, and also configured. The only problem is that it doesn't seem to work. It does not display any album art nor title/artist. I search all over the web, but I think I'm the first one having this problem, or at least trying to solve it.
I've got songbird and rhythmbox, both working correctly. And I've configured the screenlet for each one, but nothing happens.
Could anyone help me please? This is the last thing I need to make my ubuntu look perfect.
Thanks a lot, i'll be waiting to answer any question and trying any idea.:D

SoftwareExplorer
March 22nd, 2009, 01:32 AM
Do you know what version of NowPlaying you are running and what version of screenlets?

You can find out what version of Now Playing by right clicking on the screenlet and selecting properties.

You can find out what version of screenlets by right clicking on the tray icon and clicking about.

evasquez924
March 24th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Do you know what version of NowPlaying you are running and what version of screenlets?

You can find out what version of Now Playing by right clicking on the screenlet and selecting properties.

You can find out what version of screenlets by right clicking on the tray icon and clicking about.

Screenlets Version: 0.1.2
Now Playing Version: 0.3

By the way, I tried again with Rhythmbox and it work (I think I had to reboot the computer xD), but then I tried with Songbird and it stills not working. I think it doesn't even recognize it.

Please help, I really like Songbird.

**Edit:
Sorry but I tried with Rhythmbox once more and realized it doesn't work as well. The only thing I'm able to do, is to start playing the first song, but it does not show itself in the screenlet, and then it stops working completely (the "Now Playing" screenlet, no Rhythmbox of course).

evasquez924
March 24th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Screenlets Version: 0.1.2
Now Playing Version: 0.3

By the way, I tried again with Rhythmbox and it work (I think I had to reboot the computer xD), but then I tried with Songbird and it stills not working. I think it doesn't even recognize it.

Please help, I really like Songbird.

**Edit:
Sorry but I tried with Rhythmbox once more and realized it doesn't work as well. The only thing I'm able to do, is to start playing the first song, but it does not show itself in the screenlet, and then it stops working completely (the "Now Playing" screenlet, no Rhythmbox of course).

Good News...for me. I tried again using Rhythmbox, this time, enabling the "Visual Effects" plug-in, and now the screenlet works.
I'll take a look if there is something like that on Songbird. If I get it, I'll write it here, otherwise, please help.